“Decent one night stopover!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Upstate, NY
“Decent one night stopover!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2009

Stayed here August 15, 2009 on way home from Tennessee to Upstate NY. Located not far off I-81, this was a comfy little stop. Booked a King bed room. Large room. Had fridge and microwave. Large counter space. Looks like it could have one time been an efficiency room. Love seat couch. Interior corridors. Clean, spacious bathroom. Beds were comfortable and had ample pillows. Indoor pool and small fitness room. Decent vehicles in parking lot....looks like a lot of people pop in from I-81 for quick stops on way to/from places. Not far from downtown Historic Winchester shopping. About 25-30 minutes from Charles Town Racing and Slots. IHOP and a steakhouse located not far from hotel. (I.E. You can see it from hotel) Bob Evans about 5 minutes away real close to highway entrance to I-81. Costco across the street. Friendly hotel staff. Free cookies in the evening. ;-) "Morning Medley" breakfast in am. (Think of deluxe continental if you are unfamiliar with Choice Hotels "Morning Medley") Not a bad stop, especially if you want to rest a little bit but still have the option of going out and going shopping or to a casino and not being out in the middle of no-man's land. ;-)

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank superjulesrn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Manistique
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2009

Well me and my 2 children came to Winchester Virginia to see my husband who is working here. We stayed for 2 weeks and in that 2 weeks there were a few mishaps. We had a room that when it rained the ceiling leaked and the plaster from the ceiling started to fall all over the bed and my son. I had a maid walk in the room while I was getting dressed. 2 different times I tried to do laundry the dryer didn't work. And when I asked if they were going to fix it the front desk clerk made me feel like I was stupid. She was not very friendly. She was someone I didn't like to have to deal with. She knows who she is. My son urinated in the pool and instead of coming to me she started yelling at him. She didn't know I was right outside the door. When she seen me her attitude changed. I made my son apoligize but she still carried on about it. Don't get me wrong not everyone there was bad. The 2 older women were very nice and did whatever was in their power to make the mishaps better. The 2 younger women need lessons in Customer Service and Attitude Training. My favorite front desk person was Loretta. She is someone that I only new for those 2 weeks but will miss. Would I stay again maybe if they would work on the things that happened.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank ManistiquePoohbear
Lanesville, IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2009

We were surprised of the room for the low rate. We had 2 kings and both were at the end of the hotel. The rooms were on the same scale as other hotels we've paid much higher for. The breakfast was fine, but the chairs and tables were awkward. The front desk staff was pleasant. The only problem we had was that we were unable to get any extra towels or washclothes. They claim they ran out due to being fully booked. As a matter of fact, the maid knocked on our door in the morning asking for towels at 9am. Kind of strange. We will most likely stay here again since it is considerably priced less than other hotels in the area.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mmkehlers
Baltimore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2009

We were heading down to Lexington, VA for a wedding and decided to stop in Winchester which was half way on our trip. I had found the Sleep Inn and had booked it based on the rate and the decent reviews. I have to admit I can be kind of a hotel snob and I had never stayed at a Sleep Inn before. In the past I have chose other mid priced budget chains like Hampton Inns or Fairfield Inns. Overall the Sleep Inn was a decent alternative for a quick one night stay. The hotel lobby and common areas are very nice and the rooms are decent and clean. The design of the hotel is a bit confusing because the lobby and hallways have bright blue colors with checkered carpeting. The room on the other hand are pretty country conservative with your typical green carpet and patterned beadspread. Everyone we encountered at the hotel was very friendly. The only small issues we had were that the room smelled a little musty (probably because the AC was off when we entered the room) and I personally didn't like the pillows. (Others probably would not mind the pillows.) If you are looking for a well priced clean place then I would recommend the Sleep Inn without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank christianj
adams center new york
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2009

We stayed here one night enroute home from vacation in Georgia. Easy on and off of Interstate, places to eat nearby, and good continental breakfast. Room was clean. Carpeting in halls need cleaning though.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2008

We have been staying at the Winchester, VA Sleep Inn for the past three years. Every time we travel on I-81 we make it a point to stop for the night in Winchester. We've tried other places on that route but have never found a better place to stay. Not even close.

The people are really nice, the breakfast is great, the rooms are clean and updated, and the beds are comfortable. Plus there's a place to get mocha lattes right next door.

We have had only the most positive experiences at that Sleep Inn. We especially like Fern who handles reservations during the day. She may be a manager, not sure. She has been excellent and she always remembers us, even when we haven't been there for a while.

We're gold members of another hotel chain and they have a hotel close to this location but we'd rather stay at this Sleep Inn because we're treated so well and the accommodations are excellent.

• Liked — The people.
  • Disliked — We have zero complaints. We really like this place.
  • Stayed November 2008
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank StellaDallas
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2008

This Sleep Inn is conveniently located to I-81, shopping and restaurants. The hotel decor is cheerful and new, and the room was clean and very nice. We walked to a steakhouse recommended by the hotel manager, which was absolutely delicious. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Liked — Newness and cleanliness
  • Disliked — -