“Science in the Heart of Winchester!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum

Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum
Ranked #7 of 44 things to do in Winchester
More attraction details
Owner description: Our mission at the Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum is to ignite creativity, spark curiosity and inspire learning in visitors of all ages by providing a rich variety of interactive, hands-on exhibits and programs that focus on the sciences and mathematics, the humanities, and the arts.All exhibits, activities and experiences provided by the Discovery Museum adhere to the following philosophical guidelines:Exhibits, activities and programs are interactive, participatory and informal, and give visitors opportunities to experiment, have fun playing, use their imaginations and share ideas.Visitors are engaged at their own level of expertise and experience.Activities and programs are multi-sensory, authentic, honest, and factual.The Museum works in a spirit of cooperation and partnership with educational, cultural, governmental and community organizations.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Ohio
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Science in the Heart of Winchester!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Great place! Small, but great use of space. Enjoyed the New Years at noon. The kids enjoyed the "roller-coaster" room and the sand table.

Visited December 2012

Winchester, Virginia
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“More History”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Soon to expand to a new location not far from the old. This museum offers an abundance of activities for kids. Classes and camps visit quite often and it is very affordable. Take your kids and enjoy the day.

Hancock, Maryland
“Awesome place for kids!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I visited this museum with a friend of mine and our 2 children. We had a blast. My son didn't know what to do with himself. Every room was like a new adventure. We will be back soon!

Visited January 2013
Front Royal, Virginia, United States
4 attraction reviews
“highly reccomend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

just a really great place to take your kids, and now my grand daughter. it take simple things and advanced and lets little hands touch them and learn so much.

Hamilton, Virginia
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 179 helpful votes
“My oldest has outgrown this...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

We have been visiting this museum every year since my oldest was 4. He is now 10 & has grown bored with the attractions. My 7 year old and 2 year still like it a lot, but we couldn't stay too long b/c honestly I didn't feel like hearing my 10 year old complain. So, that being said - the best ages for this are about 2-9. The apples are always fun for them to pull up and down on the pulleys (simple machine). I like the roller coaster room, trying to figure out how to make the longest track work. There are a few cute shops and restaurants in town, so you can make a nice morning/afternoon out of it - but, your older children might drive you a little crazy. Or was that just me?

Visited August 2012