“Good food, great atmosphere and amazing staff”
Review of The Chocolate Bar - CLOSED

The Chocolate Bar
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Whether you come for the wine, the food or the desserts, this is the place to go. But on top of that the atmopshere makes you want to come back. They have a variety of seating from the comfortable lounge sofas to the high and low tops tables. The owners are lovely and make every customer feel special. I love this place for their nice seletion of wines but I come back again and again because the food is delicious. From start to finish, this is hands down the best place in Winchester.

1  Thank Jillybird72

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is one of my favorite places to eat and always get great food and great service. Was just there this past Saturday and had the tomato bisque soup; my husband had the pulled pork sandwich with chicken soup- all of it was fresh and fantastic. As to the other negative comments- this is not a fast food restaurant as the food is made fresh so sit and enjoy the wine and appetizers! If you want fast food go to McDonalds! And we love the decor- alot of sitting options and this is the place to bring friends, relax, and enjoy the great food, the great wine (try the cheese appetizers) and the great desserts. Then we jump next door and take chocolates home to enjoy the next day!

1  Thank Maggie C
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Oh my new favorite place! Came with my daughter visiting from LA, and boy did we LOVE IT!!!! It is like swilling great wines, and gourmet foods like triple creme cheeses and spectacular sauces, lobster pot pie and oh yes, CHOCOLATE in your own very comfy gorgeously decorated living room... You can sit on the suede couch arrangements or lovely cafe tables - tons of unique seating choices. And the choice of craft beers and wines are endless! And even CHOCOLATE wines! And now I hear they are adding some great dinner fare items. This place is worth a trip from points East. A great date place, girls night out, bachelorette party. This place is really spesh! I hope they stick around, so you gotta go and show support. U will love it i bet.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Phenomenal lunch menu ~ something for everyone ~ it was difficult to decide which appetizer to go for as there were many that this finicky eater was wanting to try! I suggest going with a large appetite; the portions were huge and the only disappointment I had was not being able to finish my meal. I am looking forward to introducing some friends to this fabulous restaurant and next time will start with the dessert! The atmosphere was relaxing and inviting ~ I felt like kicking off my shoes and staying the entire afternoon.

I am highly questioning the motivations of one of the reviews I read; the service was unquestionably the best I've had and the decor was perfect. I had the cheesecake - giving it a "2" .. . . seriously??? That's just crazy talk! All was EXCELLENT and I will be back to sample more!

1  Thank 1DerMom_4
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I wanted to take my sister-in-law to a fun and fabulous restaurant. WE had the most awesome lunch....I would have loved to try more of the appetizers ...We had the flatbeard w/ horseradish cheese.....THAT was so tastey ..I enjoyed the squash soup with a house salad...The soup came with a beautiful pattern decoration ..I had to remember I was in Winchester not The Inn at Little Washington. My sister-in-law had a great sandwich ..had to take half home. WE were so excited for coffee and desserts..WE had to try the carmel cheesecake. HOMEMADE carmel...and super yummy. We look forward to our next visit and the room is decorated so cozy ...I think I have found a great atmosphere for Book club groups and lots of other celebrations.

1  Thank tsvogler