“If you like good Mexican food, don't bother.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of La Carreta

Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish, Latin
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Augusta, West Virginia
“If you like good Mexican food, don't bother.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

I was hopeful when we entered this restaurant..spacious & nice atmosphere. Maybe the empty parking lot on a Friday night was a sign. The waiter was attentive and brought us chips and salsa as we perused the menu. My husband remarked the salsa tasted like the stuff out of a jar at the grocery store. I ordered a margarita and found it to be the worst one I've ever had..well, never actually had a bad margarita but this one was it. From the usual Mexican menu I ordered an enchilada, burrito, and chile rellenos. My food was fine but just didn't have that homemade taste. My husband ordered pollo a la parilla and he was not impressed at all. The refried beans were just blah and came straight out of a can. We are used to our favorite Mexican restaurant where everything is homemade and this did not even come close. As he said..it tasted like everything came out of a box. I am on a quest to try every Mexican restaurant in Winchester and hope that there is something more authentic out there. Oh, on the plus side their prices were very inexpensive.

• Visited September 2011

Been to La Carreta? Share your experiences!