“bedbugs i'm afraid” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Norfolk, Virginia
“bedbugs i'm afraid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

I've stayed here a number of times in the past with no big problems. Good price for
Summit Point track drivers. however the last time I stayed here (2009 I think) I got
bites on my foot that looked exactly like bedbugs. I recall not sleeping well. The breakfast scenario
was kinda strange too with a lady making sure you didn't take anything with you.
I could live with that for the price but with bedbugs? no thanks.
It was a Shoneys Inn when I stayed there.
Hopefully things have improved since then.

Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank jim p
abviwinchesterkb, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Winchester North, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear Jim P,

I am concerned about the bed bug issue you had mentioned. Please know that we do have a licensed pest control company which routinely treats our rooms. We hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you.

Regards,
KB-GM
Americas Best Value Inn-Winchester North, VA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Winchester, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I didnt complain that when I walked in my room a cat ran out, I didnt say anything about the bathroom smelling of cat urine, and not a word from me about the million holes in the blanket BUTTTTTT when I pick up my purse and see tons of ROACHES scattering I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!...The ROACHES were EVERYWHERE, in the cooler/heating vent, behind tv and fridge...they were not shy about showing themselves. I quietly went to the front desk and asked for a refund. He was VERY rude and said "NO, I give u another room." I explained that if one room has them they all do but he would not hear of it. I asked for his name so I could contact whoever I needed to and he would NOT tell me. This is place shouldnt even pass code. AND they have not heard the last of me until I get my money back!

Room Tip: Do not go here!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
5 Thank becca m
Dear Becca M,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I am sorry to hear about the negative experience you encountered during your stay. Please know that we are now under new management. We have taken corrective actions and have hired a licensed pest company to routinely treat our rooms. We hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you.

Regards,