“Overnight in Winchester”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2013

When overnighting in a new city we always look to Trip Adviser for hotel and restaurant recommendations. We were not disappointed when we picked The Butcher Station based on TA reviews. This restaurant is located in an upscale shopping centre at the very back of the mall. Upon learning that this was our first visit the server took the time to explain the concept of the restaurant how they only use local products and that availability depends on what they were able to procure.
We had the spicy shrimp and carpaccio for starters, both were excellent. The New York Strip steak was cooked to perfection, tender and very juicy.
All the staff were friendly and accommodating, we would definitely make this a favourite stop when we are in Winchester again.

There are newer reviews for The Butcher Station

Reviewed September 11, 2013

While planning our trip through Virginia my wife and I opted for the Butcher Station after reading the reviews on TA. It wasn't a disappointment. It's in a quirky location, in the rear section of a small town center type strip mall. It was early so we beat the lunch crowd. Our server asked if this was our first visit and upon learning so took the time to explain the way the burgers are prepared. My wife had the Mushroom Bacon Swiss Burger and I, at the server's suggestion, chose the Cowboy Burger. Neither of us were disappointed It was one of the best burgers I've had, and I love hamburgers. This is a "don't miss" when in the area.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had a fantastic meal in this hidden gem in Winchester. Three had the prime rib and I had the scallops. All were cooked to perfection and the service was exemplary!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We used TA reviews to pick a place for dinner. It was a great meal. Substantial portions and cooked as it should be. The oysters on the half shell were Chesapeake Prime and were huge. SPICED SHRIMP was excellent as was my steak. The steak selection is limited according to what has been freshly butchered. Restaurant is small, seats about 32,so unless you dine early you will probably want to make a reservation. Service (Jay) was excellent but the entire staff was friendly and welcoming. The restaurant is located at the back of a chic shopping center so don't give up when your GPS stops in the middle of the intersection.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We enjoyed lunch at this restaurant last week, and my burger was one of the best I have ever had. It had a wonderful texture -- not greasy at all -- and a slight peppery taste. We sat at an outside table and enjoyed the glorious late summer weather. Service was prompt and pleasant. All in all, a very enjoyable experience.

To those who have never visited before, be advised that the restaurant is located in the back section of a spread-out shopping mall/office park off of Route 11, on the southern edge of Winchester. It's well worth a stop for lunch.

1  Thank Fareastern89