“Strange Visit, Good Food”
Review of Cafe Del Sol

Cafe Del Sol
Ranked #33 of 292 Restaurants in Winchester
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Detroit, Michigan, United States
“Strange Visit, Good Food”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The Cafe del Sol is a small chain of restaurants with locations in Virginia, Pennsylvania, and a few other states in the eastern United States. The decor is attractive. We had to wait about 20 minutes for a table, which was pretty good for a Saturday evening. We ordered four personal pizzas (their specialty) and some side salads.

The restaurant was severely understaffed. We did not see a bus boy to help clear tables, nor was there a bar back. The poor bartender not only had 20 patrons at the bar, but he was also handling the restaurant orders for drinks. He was very busy.

After about 20 minutes, we finally got our side salads, with the excuse "the kitchen is backed up." For salads? Two minutes later, our pizzas came--well, at least three of the four. Our waiter informed us that the 4th pizza was mistakenly delivered to another table, and he asked if their pizza (another type) would be OK to bring over. Never heard that one before. I will give them credit for having the replacement pizza delivered in a shorter amount of time than expected.

As we were finishing our meals, one of the waitresses came by and asked if we were finished with our tall beer glasses. She mentioned they were short of them at the bar and were searching for ones that were no longer being used. Hmmm. Maybe if they had a bar back that could wash glasses they wouldn't run short.

The pizza was good--nothing spectacular, and the prices were fair. Overall, an interesting visit, but we won't likely go back if in the area again.

Visited March 2014

“Good food! ”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

We ordered delivery from this restaurant. I have to say even being delivered it was amazing! I ordered a salad with salmon. I know if I had eaten it there it would have been better but I was surprised how good it was after being driven across town! I will definitely be eating at the restaurant soon!

Woodbridge VA
“Just fantastic food and a wonderful staff”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My wife and I were in Winchester for a Weekend and ate both of our meals here as the first one was so superior. The Wait staff was knowledgeable and very helpful with suggestions. The Pizza was top notch (but do yourself a favor, and get one of the specials.. this is not a standard Pizza and the flavor combinations are really nice <see the Greek or Med pizza!!>.

When I asked the wait staff if their Bar staff was good, he pointed out that most of the drinks on the specials menu were created by this gentleman. I asked be Surprised and let the bar tender make me "something". I got a very unique Mango, and smoked Bacon Bourbon Cocktail that was delightful.

The next say we returned and talked to the Manager (Misty) and she was as helpful and friendly as the staff she is over.

DEFINATELY worth a stop in Winchester for a meal

• Visited February 2014
Vinton, Virginia
“LOVE this place!!”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I've had delivery from Cafe Del Sol twice during my time in Winchester, the food is so good! I've had the Chicken Parm twice, HUGE piece of chicken, the sauce is fresh with real tomato. They also top it with REAL mozzarella and fresh basil! So delicious. You have to try this place! Hopefully next time I order I will try another dish.

• Visited December 2013
Stephens City, Virginia
“Highly recommend this place!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Great food, great service. The menu is prepared with fresh high quality ingredients. Looking forward to our next visit.

• Visited May 2013