“Vadhī'ā khāṇā atē pīṇā Great Indian Food!”
Review of Sona

Sona
Ranked #59 of 327 Restaurants in Winchester
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

I love the Punjabi hospitality and feel of this place -- Great India Experience -- The Samosa were Delicious. The Chef prepared us a tasting of Four dishes and it was simply amazing. Overall an incredible gastronomic experience, I will definitely return to try more dishes. Service was well-timed and friendly, I definitely recommend this as a place to eat for any travelers looking for a great Indian dining experience. It’s like traveling back to Punjabi to have a great meal.

Reviewed May 26, 2018

We will never forget Sona Restaurant in Winchester. This is the best Indian Restaurant in this town! My husband loves this place and goes here every time he comes to this area. I was lucky enough that I came here and get to meet the owners, who are one of the most welcoming and friendliest people we ever met. As you get to know them, you will see how passionate they are about their restaurant and keeping the Indian cuisine alive. They care so much about the customer's experience in their restaurant. The service was exceptional and the food was superb! Their food is authentic Indian cuisine. I must tell you.

If you are looking for the best Indian dining experience you'll ever have in your life, You should go here. No other Indian Restaurants on this town can compare. Nothing.

Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

I can't say enough nice things about Sona. Great atmosphere, kind and helpful waitress, amazing food. I highly recommend stopping if you're in the area!

Reviewed October 24, 2017

The menu wasn't traditional Indian menu, which meant to my delight that the owner Shiv Kumar came to our table. In fact we had a fairly large room to ourselves on a Sunday evening. Shiv is also the chef and has been here for 18 years. He didn't bat an eye when I asked about Lamb Vindaloo, my all-time favorite and I confessed having eaten this the night before. He works on a scale of hot from 1 to 10 and doesn't understand why many places suffer the guest with just hot. He prefers to bring in more taste. I chose 3-4 hot and all the taste he could conjure. I needed the egg plant. Naan, he preferred to present a whole host of varieties in tiny pie slices with several sauces. I love the Mango which was included. When it came, it was supreme in taste and comfortable hot. We were there two hours; our choice, then made it a point to ask him to return for my review. Taste wonderful and he had won my competition. He was delighted as were we. You will be delighted, so go.

Reviewed September 18, 2017

We eat at this restaurant quite often and it is one of our favorite restaurants in Winchester. The food is tasty and the selection is good. The specials are a great choice and often offer new and interesting dishes! My daughter, who lived in India, prefers this restaurant to any DC Indian Restaurants! I would highly recommend this restaurant.