“Great Meal” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chop Stick Cafe - MOVED

Chop Stick Cafe
Cuisines: Thai, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: chop stick cafe serve asian fusion thai sushi Japanese Korea Chinese and Vietnam we have little bit of everything for everyone made from fresh ingredients and made by order now we just move to new location across from the old location
Gerrardstown
“Great Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

I have been here several times for lunch but recently we treated our friends to dinner. We had reservations on a Saturday for five including our 11 year old. We were seated immediately. Initial service was slow, but I've found that can happen here. We ordered drinks and shared three appetizers including the garden spring rolls, Thai shrimp and the sampler plate. All were delicious. The only issue we had was the fried rice my husband got for his meal was disappointing. He likes spicy food so order the spice level at a 5 (out of 10). It was way too hot for him, no flavor other than the spice. All the rest of our entrees were great (lemon chicken, spicy chicken-which wasn't very spicy compared to the fried rice-, orange chicken and sesame chicken). We enjoyed a few cheesecake poppers for dessert - just the right size.

They had a bluegrass band play about half way through our meal. They were very good but I feel the restaurant is too small for a band.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Amazing food and friendly owner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Started off with sushi. A difficult decision because the couple next to us got a lobster roll. It was made with a pound of lobster (special on the weekend). The only reason we didn't get it was because of the size - it was huge and we wanted some curry too. Red curry was homemade curry and great. They also are known for their key lime pie - yeah I know, key lime pie at a Thai place? But oh yeah! Pie was fresh and excellent. If you like Thai or sushi you won't be disappointed. Don't let the building turn you away.

1 Thank roadtrip_dj
Arlington, Virginia
“Unpretentious atmosphere, fabulous food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I came out here and were immediately charmed by the fact this was a family owned and run restaurant. (The husband was doubling as pastry chef and delivery man, the daughter was our waitress while the wife seemed to run the show.) we ordered quite a bit of sushi and my husband also ordered the pho. EVERYTHING was reasonably priced and absolutely delish. I imagine we will be back every time we make the trip to winchester.

Virginia
“Another good lunch...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Got in after 1330 - so wasn't too crowded. Both wife and I tried new things. She wasn't overly happy with the peanut chicken but the salad was good, the spring rolls were OUTSTANDING (and large) and my bulgogi was pretty darn good. Definitely will go back. I would do the bulgogi again but have to try the drunken noodles and love their basil beef. Very friendly owners (husband/wife) and service is always good. If you're in the area and really need your Asian fix - this is probably the best place to go in Winchester (and greater surrounding area)! Oh, they'll spice it up for you too. I did the 6 - could probably go 7 or 8 - but the 6 was pretty spicy and didn't over power the flavors of everything else. Did I mention the spring rolls were great? So - it's a small place - God knows how old - and doesn't look like a lot - but it's also kinda cool - gonna give it a 4 on romance just because it's small and - well - quaint??? Like a great pub!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Charles Town, West Virginia
“Y'all keep screwing up...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I am somewhat frustrated with this restaurant. Their food is excellent, even though the turnaround from order to completion is slow. My issues are with the employees. A few months ago the owner forgot to place an order I had made via phone. Tonight the waiter charged me 83.11 for one chicken panang. ($11) When I noticed it, I sat in there for the next 15 minutes or so because he didnt know how to remove the charge. He then wrote down my credit card # and told me that the owner would fix it when he returned later in the evening. I am really frustrated about this letest screw up and I have decided that this will be the last time I go here...

• Visited July 2013