“Best Thai Restuarant and 2nd Best Overall In Winchester for a Reason.”
Review of Chop Stick Cafe - MOVED

Chop Stick Cafe
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: chop stick cafe serve asian fusion thai sushi Japanese Korea Chinese and Vietnam we have little bit of everything for everyone made from fresh ingredients and made by order now we just move to new location across from the old location
Dallas, Texas
“Best Thai Restuarant and 2nd Best Overall In Winchester for a Reason.”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Most delightful meal I have had in a long time. And the best Thai meal I have ever had. First I must say that the difference between the number one restaurant in Winchester and the Chop Stick Cafe is night and day. The number one rated restaurant is white table clothes and live violin music. The Chop Stick Cafe was described by someone else as "sophisticated divey". Only thing in common is they both have excellent excellent food. And I would recommend either one depending on your mood.

My wife and I had to go into Winchester take somethings back and checked tripadvisor for a guide to where we might eat. We had already eaten at the Violino, the #1 listed and decided to try the number 2 rated. So glad we did. We arrived around 2pm thinking we would have an late lunch/early-dinner. We were greeted by the most friendly waitress, Rachel whom we soon learned had worked there about two years. She apparently had memorized every item on the menu and every ingredient in each. It was amazing. With her knowledge, we asked for a recommendation on what to order. We started with a California Roll for an appetizer and she recommended Panang Curry with white jasmine rice. (If you don't know what Panang Curry is you will just have to visit the Chop Stick Cafe and ask Rachel or Katie the two servers waiting on us).

It was served in a bowl with the rice on a plate. Not exactly sure how it should be eaten, I asked Katie and was told there were no rules but said some people pour the bowl over the rice and others spoon the rice into the bowl. I chose the first method. Still not sure which would be best. In any case, the Panang was delicious. With all the "hot" food you can order the degree of hotness you would like, one to ten. Rachel said most people start with a 3 so I took her advise. Turned out to be excellent.

My wife had a three spiced fish/shrimp stir fry with rice. It too was excellent.

The menu was quite extensive

Due to the time of day we had an opportunity to talk with Rachel and Katie. They described their customers as sophisticated 40+ and said they often have music on the weekend. They also recommended reservations for dinners.

They have two tables outside but the surrounding street clutter would spoil the experience.

To sum up. Don't be fooled by the exterior. The food and friendly service is well worth a visit. If you are lucky, you may find Rachel or Katie as your waitress.

• Visited August 2013

“Great food,service and very friendly”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit, read reviews on trip advisor and had to come. I was not disappointed, had Sushi, three spice fried fish & shrimp ( the special for that day). Topping off my meal with a popper, key lime, best I have tasted in a long while. My waitress was Rachel, who knew the menu and how hot you would like your food (scale was 1-10). All the staff was very friendly, since I went in around 2 pm there were a few customers and got a chance to talk to Rachel and Katie. If you get the chance do yourself and your palate a favor and stop in.

• Visited August 2013
Moorestown, NJ
“Excellent food”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This restaurant doesn't look like much from the outside, but the food is excellent! The waitress was also helpful and very efficient.

Visited July 2013
Winchester VA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistently great food and service”
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here several times since they opened, and have never had anything less than excellent. I can order anything on the menu and am always impressed. The craft beer and wine selection is awesome. The service is simply amazing. I have a wheat allergy and the servers know the ingredients of everything, so they know how to advise when I have questions about wheat. They provide gluten free sauces when asked. The sushi is consistently excellent, made fresh on site when ordered. The crispy beef is to die for. The restaurant is family owned. The husband is from West Virginia and the wife is from Thailand. Both are culinary experts, and it shows every time I am there. They do carry-out too. They've been discovered, so make reservations. I'll be there this Friday. Can't wait!

• Visited July 2013
Roanoke, Virginia
“Incredible food!!!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This place makes me wish I lived closer to Winchester!! Excellent food, though the ambiance is lacking and restaurant needs updating. We had the Chicken Curry Puff, the Coconut Chicken Soup and I had the Pineapple Fried Rice entree. None of them could have been any better! For dessert we shared a slice of Mango cheesecake that had a coconut crust and was absolutely DELICIOUS! Don't miss this place if you are near Winchester!!

• Visited July 2013