“Pretty good but need to educate pet people”
Review of Towne Place Suites

Towne Place Suites
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed March 26, 2014

This hotel is pet friendly but that does not mean I want your large, shaggy dog, lingering in the food area at breakfast while you peruse the offerings. I did mention this to the desk clerk and she was quite upset that it had happened and said she would speak to the pet owner in question. She also said she would speak to the breakfast attendant who was new. I just love that pet owners have to pay a $75 NON refundable fee for their pet, that is almost as much as you pay for the room!!

The room was OK, did not have a complete stove like other similar properties, just a 2 burner cook top and microwave. Also the fridge door opened the wrong way, very awkward. There was a lot of noise from the interior corridors at times.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joefish

Reviewed March 23, 2014

This hotel lacks hospitality. The housekeeping personnel does not do a good job of cleaning rooms, found a receipt under the couch left there since December, 2013 and some other things that could get people into big trouble. Check your room thoroughly before unpacking your bags. The staff smile in your face, but at the same time they are snooping around your room looking for anything suspicious. This is a non smoking facility but staff can do things in front of hotel residence, but if the residence do the same thing, they get in trouble for it. People are constantly in the hallway, very noisy. I can hear people walking above. I could hear the noises from the patio of people talking very loudly. There is no privacy, this is the worst hotel I have stayed at in my life. I left the hotel before my week was up. No one could pay me enough money to stay at this hotel. I would rather sleep on a park bench than stay at this roach hotel. Be careful of who you hire to work at your hotel.

Room Tip: Any place but this hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cynthia K
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The hotel itself is nice but pet friendly which I dnt care for & the location is not to bad as there are stores & restaurants in close proximity. The staff for the most part is helpful with the exception to housekeeping. I can't say if all the housekeeping is lazy or just the ones assigned to clean my floor. My husband & I were at the hotel for 3 straight weeks & requested many times that our bedding be changed daily but that never happened. They only flipped it thinking we would not notice. On 2 separate occasions, once when I was there & another time my husband was there and personally asked, we seen them remove the bedding thinking they were about to change it but they didn't. If they dnt change bedding I can only imagine what else they not cleaning especially being as it is dog central. Can't say I would recommend it,

Room Tip: Get the highest floor or you will hear thumping & bumping of ppl above u all night.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MIAMIRED
Reviewed January 14, 2014

stayed here again accommodations are good. The furniture in the room all needed some sprucing. The chairs for the table were all sunken in and the foot stool, arm chair, and couch were all pretty worn. The microwave blew a breaker and one of the TVs did not work. They were able to fix both of those problems. At checkout was promised points and and rate change on the second night. Not sure if either occurred as we just left on Sun. Breakfast could use some better options but has waffles which aren't too bad.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The room was near an elevator which meant there was noise all night, at 2 and 3 am.Also you could clearly hear people walking above you. Found a dry piece of dog food in room. No shampoo, 2 bottles of conditioner. Internet was very sporadic. Will not stay here again, there are too many nicer places to stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This has become my "go to" place in Winchester. I come up for events at the racetrack and I've stayed here multiple times; the last at the end of October. Towneplace is a mid-scale Marriott property and as such is not a five star resort, but this is one of the nicer mid-scale Marriotts I've used. I've never been disappointed here. The rooms have always been clean, the staff friendly and helpful, and they have gone out of their way to be accommodating. Breakfast is usual Marriott hotel fare, but good enough and gets me started for the long days. They're now on my "saved" favorite hotels on the Marriott website.

As others have mentioned, the hotel is a little off the highway and you have to look for the signs as the building is not obvious. The positive is that it is far enough away from traffic and other noise sources to be nice and quiet.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Fully refundable $75 deposit for pets. No pet-free zone available. Other hotels on our journey that were pet-friendly had pets restricted to certain areas. Not so here. Any room you stay in could have had three dogs for a week just before. We cancelled our reservation and had to find another hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple