Tripadvisor

Union Jack Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 355 Restaurants in Winchester
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in the Historic Union Bank Building, Union Jack serves quality classic British and American fare. Our 50-foot British inspired bar offers 38 rotating drafts on tap, & a huge selection of European, Craft beers, & wines.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A perfect Bar/restaurant in Winchester. Great beer selection. Great food selection. Reasonable prices. Good TVs to watch sporting events. Just need to fix the front door to keep the cold air out. Will be back.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (546)

Reviewed December 2, 2019 via mobile

Whether you want a burger with a twist or traditional food like bangers and mash this restuarant that doubles with a great bar atmosphere gives you all you could want.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 5, 2019

Arrived later on a Sunday evening, so lacked the warmth and service of, say, a busy Saturday night. Outer dining room was empty, so we wouldn't been alone, so sat at tables in bar, which was more of a sports bar and lacked ambiance...service was from bar staff at that point. Delicious beers on menu, however, and food was decent.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed October 21, 2019

The food was tasty and the drinks were very refreshing. The place was very crowded and the waitstaff was hopping!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 10, 2019

I was enjoying my afternoon coffee at 8 am at Union Jack when I decided I would get something to eat. I asked for the waiter and they came in a quickly manner. They were confused on how I got in here, but when I said the door was unlocked, they gave up and took my order. I ordered a Shepard Pie, and it took awhile for it to come out. When they came with my pie, they came with the pie, but the thing was it didn't come on a plate and did not come with a fork and knife. I asked about this and was informed that dirty Americans don't deserve plates. I was shocked because I am part Russian. I then had to go home and bring my own utensils. When I got back, the doors were locked, it was only 10 am and the doors were locked. I would try it again if I was not locked out when I went to get my plate and fork.

Date of visit: November 2018