“Great night out while we visited parents”

The Alamo Drafthouse
Ranked #42 of 302 Restaurants in Winchester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We have been to several dining cinemas, this is one of the best. I like the variety of films and the menu. We had a great time, the price of the food was reasonable and the service was great.

We will be back next visit

Reviewed December 31, 2013

THE FOOD? Grab a snack, like popcorn. Do not bother with ANYTHING else. I thought I got my burger was mixed up with my friend's chicken sandwich. Turns out their burgers nearly have the taste and texture of chicken. Ugh. They were also out of the first two things we ordered (both pizza- they ran out of dough). HOWEVER, the servers were very nice. (You could tell they work for their tips.) AND, it is a draft house. So the idea of sitting down to a brew and a movie is a wonderful idea. Drinks a bit expensive, which I expect out of a real bar, and maybe too pricey for this place. But, hey, even popcorn is expensive right?

The rest of my experience was horrible here. Don't cross the management - they are on a powertrip.

1  Thank R D
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I've been here twice, with the latest trip being a few weeks ago. This recent time, our pizza was about an hour late coming out, as our server informed us that they were low on staff and it would be out as soon as possible (It was labor day, so the low staff is completely understandable). It wasn't a big deal, and she took it off our tab without us asking. The food is not excellent, but it is still good, just a bit pricey. As for the atmosphere, the film quality, seats, and noise level are great, and as for me, that's what I need out of a good movie theater, so we will go back again.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

While visiting Winchester this past January a group of us decided to attend a movie at The Alamo Drafthouse. This concept was new to us and a fun change in the way one views a movie. Eats and drinks, including adult beverages, can be ordered before the movie starts and if you want more you just have to leave a slip of paper with your order and the staff will pick it up and deliver it to you during the show. You pay at the end for the refreshments. Just be sure to use the bathroom BEFORE the show as leaving during the movie is very much frowned upon. It was fun time for all of us.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Have to agree with many posts regarding this experience. Food is only average and overpriced.
Service is ok but can be slow on the drink refills. Yes you do need to get in there early if its a new/popular film, but that can apply to any cinema. If you do only have seats at the front its will spoil the film. Overall if all goes well a good fun time watching a film and average food. I've been several times and still will be returning.

2  Thank Peter S