“Just don't like servers scurrying around in movies”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Alamo Drafthouse
Ranked #34 of 295 Restaurants in Winchester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Just don't like servers scurrying around in movies”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Just don't like servers scurrying around in movie theatre. I'll wait and get my food at a restaurant where I can see the food I'm eating and won't spill on my clothes.

Visited December 2011

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Assistant General Manager Beth DeBaise along with every team member at the ticket counter on 11/18 ROCKS!!!”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

And not just tonight. My family of five has been consistently happy…no, UBER-happy with the Alamo since it opened 3 years ago. Tonight was the icing on the customer service cake that put the Alamo Winchester on par with the Ritz Carlton ( I work in HR consulting, so I do not give that compliment often). I am not kidding. We were supposed to meet another couple from our 6 year old daughter’s school to see ‘Wreck It Ralf’. We had had to put it off for two weeks due to schedule conflicts and when we finally got together, the show was sold out….but our friends made it into the theater and had one empty seat next to them. Both our kids were crying as if they had just found out that the Easter bunny was not real. Beth’s employees knew that they had to exercise caution, but should see if they could possibly make things work. They did. My buddy was allowed to come out and get my daughter since there was only one seat left and they offered to put a couch in there if the ‘no shows’ actually showed after the required 15 min. Folks, please don’t take advantage of this kind of info because this is what makes the USA awesome….employees like Beth DeBaise and her team! Any other country I have every lived in (and it has been a few) would have said “so what”? Beth empowered her employees not to say no unless they absolutely had to and made the right call. Now she has cemented my family’s already strong loyalty to the Alamo. Thank you Beth and thank you Alamo….this is what the US is all about!!!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank kanejflora
Ridgeley, WV
“A nice movie theatre”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

If you're going to see a popular movie, be sure to arrive early. Nice seating, great service. Popcorn comes in an actual bowl. Beware - if you order the popcorn, if you want salt, you better say so, or it comes without.

Visited November 2012
Stephens City
“Movie with Food & Drinks”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is the way to watch movies. Stadium seating, large comfy chairs, servers that bring food and drinks to you during the movie. The food is good (sandwiches, pizza, fried food, salads, etc) but remember this is a movie house not a restaurant so set your expectations accordingly. Beer, wine, mixed drinks or regular tea and soda. They serve it all. We have always gotten good service. They are also really good about helping to arrange events and parties. Call in advance to set it up and ask for Beth or Joe. I recently took 20 girls for an afternoon movie and we had wonderful time.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Mic104
Denver, Colorado
“A movie, food and beer? What more could you ask for?!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Great little theater. Also does theme nights with old movies, including spaghetti westerns and various other fun nights. Only caveat, don't use your credit card to buy your food. Have been issues with staff stealing credit card numbers in the past.

Visited September 2012