“Great hotel at great price!”
Review of aloft Winchester

aloft Winchester
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Great hotel at great price!”
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went to Winchester to stay a night and celebrate our six month anniversary. I looked at hotels and reviews online and chose Aloft. We were glad to see how nice it was! It has a very modern, almost futuristic look. Very nice king bedroom. Close to many stores and restaurants. We were next to the road so we heard traffic, especially in the morning, but it didn't bother us. Would def ask to be away from the main road if the noise bothers you. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone traveling with family, bf/gf, spouse or by themselves. They allow pets too! Also have a nice. gym, indoor pool, pool table, and lounge.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Chris K, General Manager at aloft Winchester, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Nicky,
Thank you for your kind words! I'm really excited that you enjoyed your stay this week. Please don't hesitate to contact us the next time you need a night away!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I have stayed in quite a few hotels and this one by far is the best! Staff was great the hotel itself was very modern. Rooms were comfy i didnt wanna leave the hotel to do anything!!! GREAT GREAT i will be returning soon!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Chris K, General Manager at aloft Winchester, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Ashtan,
Thank you for your kind words! I'm the new General Manager here, and I'm stoked to hear that you had such a great stay. Keep us in mind the next time you're in town!
Arkansas
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

This is a nice motel. Very close to many restaurants. The rooms are big and the shower is great. There is only one thing that I would complain about is there is one woman that works at the front desk that just don't what she is doing or don't care or both. I'm here on business and am staying for several weeks. When i checked in the man that took care of me(Scott) was very nice and helpful to my needs. See I needed to pay weekly and get a receipt and the end of each week. Well at the end of the first week I went to get my receipt and this woman acted like was bothering her. At first she said she can't do this until I check out. I explained that Scott said it would be no problem and this made her even more unhappy. Finally she gave me a receipt and charged me for eight days instead of seven. I though O well it will work out ok. This was Sunday. I went to town and come back and my key didn't work so I went to get it fixed. When I got into the room it had not been cleaned so I caught the made and she said I was supposed to check out. Boy did the woman skew everything up. I'v seen her a couple more times and she always having trouble with someone. Maybe she is new. I just hope this Sunday someone else is working

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Steve,
Thank you for your kind words about Scott. I'd love the opportunity to talk to you in person about the rest of your stay. I'm new here, and the more feedback I can get, the better! Give me a call if you'd like to talk.

Thanks!
Cornelius, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I promised my wife I would wait a couple weeks to "cool off" before contacting or reviewing this hotel. There are words that can describe my feelings, but they are not appropriate for Tripadvisor. We have stayed at this hotel before and love that they don't charge for pets. This last trip home for Christmas (~10 hour drive for us) we decided to stop here yet again. I booked a room on their website, but the page was acting up and did not give me a confirmation. We were very close when we booked the room so we figured we would just sort it out when we got there. I go in and the woman at the front desk was frantic. I told her that I had booked a room, but had trouble with the website. She proceeded to tell me that , "They need to stop accepting web reservations!" I told her my name and she said that without proof of my reservation they couldn't give me a room. She proceeded to tell me that they "DID have rooms" but that "The rooms were dirty and there was no one there to clean them." She said that, "We don't even have enough clean rooms for guests that have confirmed rooms." The bartender was leaving and she was the only employee left. Meanwhile, my pregnant wife and my dog were in the car. Having a dog means that it is a lot harder to find a hotel and having a pregnant wife means that everything is just a little more stressful. Then, randomly she looked at the screen and called a room and asked the person that had answered what he was doing in that room and "How did you get in there". She then realized she had made a mistake and apologized and hung up. Very strange. I would not have been mad if the website didn't tell me twenty minutes prior that there were rooms available and if the front desk person hadn't told me that they do in fact have rooms. Thankfully, the guy at Wingate was great and got us in painlessly. I really hope they get their act together because this used to be a great place to stop.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Marley S
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at aloft Winchester, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Marley S,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay. We thank you for continuing to think of us as you're traveling through the area however disheartened to hear you didn't have a good stay this time around. We're sorry for the service you experienced as we strive to provide great customer service to all our guests. We would like to discuss your experience with you personally. Please reach out to our General Manager, Chris, at Chris.kilkus@hawkeyehotels.com. Thank you and we hope to hear from you soon.
PA
Reviewed January 13, 2014

The Aloft is very easy to find off of 81 and there are many surrounding places to shop and eat. The staff was very friendly; check-in & check-out were quick and easy. I used the gym for a bit and the equipment is brand new. They even had fresh towels, a water cooler and yoga mats for you to use. The room was very modern with a comfy bed and an awesome shower. Some ppl complained about the breakfast not being included but I don't expect it to be these days. They had a nice breakfast variety including bagels, pastries, fruit, yogurt, cereal or you can have a breakfast sandwich made. The prices are very reasonable.

The only issue I had was being woken up at 2am by another room's TV blasting. I called down to the desk and she said she would have someone check it out. I'm not sure if it was a coincidence or not but within 10 mins, the noise stopped. It's obviously not the hotels fault that someone had their TV too loud but it could be the walls are too thin.

Bottom line is that I'm glad I chose the Aloft. I don't think I will ever have to return to Winchester but I will look for this chain in other places I travel too!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Hotel is located right off the Interstate with numerous food options and the local mall within 2-3 miles. Hotel was clean, staff was very friendly and the rates are very affordable. There is a pool and gym in the hotel as well. If you're staying in Winchester then there Isn't any reason to stay anywhere else but here.

• Stayed January 2014
Jim,
Thanks for taking the time to tell everyone about your stay! I'm really glad that you had a good time, and we look forward to hosting you again.
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

We had to go to Winchester to see a play at Shenandoah University. Checked hotels.com and this was a terrific last minute online deal. We had never even heard of aloft before.
We had a great time! The room was clean and comfortable. we liked the open foyer/ bar/ pool table area. Bartender Cory was really nice, and we sampled some local beers. The indoor pool Splash is small but very nice and great way to de-stress after long drive. Close proximity to Shenandoah University, Costco for gas, and Waffle House for late night munchies was appreciated! We did not realize dogs were allowed, or would have brought ours.
Only problem was cosmetic. During the evening while we were out, a wooden panel fell off the ceiling of our room and landed in the floor. When we returned and reported it, someone wag up in our room in two minutes and removed the panel. They offered to switch our room, but it was only cosmetic so we stayed in same room. The next morning add we checked out, the manager offered us a free breakfast to compensate for the problem. It want his fault, and we thought that was really nice.
Very convenient to interstate 81. Very nice staff. Very safe. we were not bothered by any noise. We were on sixth floor. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear JoyinVirginia,
Thank you for sharing your recent visit to Winchester. We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and glad to hear you took advantage of many of our amenities, from W XYZ bar, splash indoor pool, and remix lounge, and loved our convenient location. Thanks again for sharing and we look forward to welcoming you back.