“Weekend Getaway”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Winchester
Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was our first stay at an Aloft property, and it lived up to our expectations! We stay at a lot of Starwood properties and have been looking forward to checking out the Aloft brand. It has a funky vibe and feels a bit like a boutique hotel. The gals at check-in weren't too helpful on some questions we had but friendly nevertheless. The bartender was great and the lounge a great area to grab a drink in the evening. The location is a couple miles from the downtown Main St area, so do keep that in mind. However, we would stay here again!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was our first stay in Aloft hotel. It was different experience in positive way. We have seen more than many hotels during past years. This was an totally un-usual kind of hotel with really smart design. From layout to funny colours, room was not a typical hotel room. Hotel was clean and silent. Staff were friendly and helpful. Fast and good self-laundry machines were also very useful. I can't wait to stay some other Aloft hotel.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at La Quinta Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear HOHarrison,
Thank you for trying Aloft Hotels during your recent visit to Winchester. We're ecstatic that you love our fun vibe and atmosphere that we have created, enjoy the staff we have employed here, and had a comfortable stay. Thanks for sharing your feedback and we are excited for you to try out more Aloft Hotels in different locations. We also look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel the next time you're in Winchester.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was a great place!! Spacious with simple lines, clean and very quiet. Had to go to front desk to get ice but that was no problem. Could not find many choices for eating out that were not fast food. Will seek out this hotel chain again.

Room Tip: I think any room would be fine...of course less traffic away from elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Linda G,
Thank you for choosing Aloft Hotels during your stay in Winchester. We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the decor and atmosphere that Aloft Hotel provides. Thanks for sharing your comments and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Upon arrival at the hotel (a Saturday night), the parking lot was completely full due to some event and there was nowhere to park. There were a bunch of vehicles that had made their own parking spaces. My fiance went inside and spoke to a man about the situation and he said we could park down the street at the college. She questioned the individual and showed shock that as paying hotel guests we would have to park down the street at the college. Once he became aware she was upset, he offered to move his personal vehicle, but by the time he came outside I found a spot where someone was leaving. I do credit the individual for finally agreeing to give up their own spot, though it was after they could see my fiance was perturbed. As a Platinum guest who travels the world, I had never encountered such an absurd thing trying to park a vehicle. I was extremely upset that if gone unquestioned, we, as paying guests, would have had to park down the street. As it turns out, Saturday night is salsa night and open to the public. Changes need to be implemented to ensure this does not happen to any guest of the hotel whom is actually paying for a stay.

ROOM (516)

The room was fairly nice. There was a refrigerator, an in-room safe, iron and ironing board, plenty of outlets, a bed, TV, desk and chair, 2 night stands, a hair dryer, roomy shower, and the AC unit worked well.

GYM/POOL

The gym was closed for renovations. There was a small pool, but I did not enter.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We have stayed here twice. The first time we were using a groupon and I wondered if the staff indifference was due to our discounted rate. Now I know it wasn't. Not surly just not very friendly either. This is a clean place with a decent bed but not much else. The walls are paper thin. We had a very noisy group next door that woke us up at 2 am. First attempt to notify the front desk was unsuccessful. Second time they answered and got them to quiet down, so my rating is better than I was inclined to give otherwise. Exercise room was closed for renovations. Breakfast not included.

Room Tip: Stay away from noisy groups--no soundproofing!
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The exercise room was closed for renovation, no big deal except they made no plans for an alternative for their guests. I was told there was a gym across the street that takes walk-ins if I wanted to pay. Staff was aloof and just seemed to be going though the motions. The lady who prepared my breakfast wasn't even wearing a hair restraint. Never say anyone that resembeld managment during my stay. The building was beautiful but I won't return.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed overnight at the Aloft Hotel in Winchester Va. several weeks ago, on our way to Virginia Beach. I choose the Aloft based on price, location and to "sample" the Aloft brand,as one is opening in Cleveland, OH in the old Flats area, soon.
I really liked this hotel, this newish brand ( part of Sheraton, I believe). It is probably not for the very senior crowd that is looking for included complimentary breakfast and more traditional room design. That being said, the use of space in the room, the spartan decor and modern bathroom appointments are , to this writers point of view, a welcome change. And the public spaces are - exciting - pool, courtyard, bar/lounge/ lobby.
As another writer posted, the front desk was okay for info on the town and restaurant recommendations. We ended up walking across the street to the Mexican restaurant and were pleasantly surprised - it was a Friday and they had a mariachi band playing, restaurant had nice sunny Mexican decor and the food was very surprisingly good - very nice presentation.
The next day we ventured into the town, which is very pretty, but very quiet, my husband looking for historical sites ( Stonewall Jackson's headquarters etc . ) which were not yet open as to the early hour. Ate in a Jamaican ( yes, Jamaican) coffee shop complete with Bob Marley posters and various tchokes from Jamaica. Departed Winchester for Virginia Beach Doubletree to attend a wedding. That weekend in Virginia Beach was interesting, to say the least.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family