“The Aloft is convenient, clean modern rooms, FREE wireless internt in rooms and FREE parking. It is a streamlined version of t”
Review of aloft Winchester

aloft Winchester
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We have stayed at the Aloft in Winchester several times and have always had a good experience. If you are not familiar with the Aloft Brand (Westin owned) the furniture and look is more of a modern style. They also have a grocery style approach to food and beverage which may be purchase ala carte in the lobby. They have pool, excerise room and nice lobby with pool table. Aloft in Winchester does have a bar. The rooms and beds are comfortable. In addition FREE wireless and FREE parking.

• Stayed May 2012
RJG1214,

Thank you for the review. We couldn't have said it much better ourselves!

We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Josh Reichert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Morfelden-Walldorf, Germany
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Fun, modern hotel with lots of great amenities such as a nice workout room, laundry facilities, pool, and things for everyone of every age!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank kandis b
kandis b,

We really appreciate the 5 circle rating that you gave us! We also really appreciate the business. We look forward to you staying with us again!

syracuse,ny
Reviewed May 11, 2012

As a Starwood Preferred Guest, I stop at the Aloft each year on my way to and from Florida. There were a few disappointing issues this time. When I was given my room, I found it had no refrigerator and the safe would not lock. When I informed the front desk, the rep apologized and gave me another room. Although this room did have a refrigerator, the safe did not lock in this one as well. The rep offered to move me to a third room, but I declined since I was tired and just wanted to settle in. The room was clean and in good shape as expected. One thing I wish they would change is having an ice machine available for easy access by guests. Currently you have to ask the front desk for ice. This is an inconvenience. Overall it was a good stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
lakers69,

Thank you for your review. I want to apologize for not meeting your expectations 100%.

I personally have reviewed which rooms you stayed in and have maintenance working on these issues. We have ordered new safes and new refrigerators for these rooms as they were found out to be faulty.

I hope that you will give us a second chance to exceed your expectations.

Siesta Key, Florida
Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in aloft in national harbor last night and it was great then had to come to this aloft tonight and we were sorely disappointed. We wanted to hang in the hotel tonight because it was Sunday and we neede to get an early start in the morning. Decided to play pool and have a few drinks. Went up to the bar and had to stand there, with no other people at the bar, for about ten minutes until the bartender finally said, I'll bring the drinks over to you when I'm done! Well alrighty then... So after we were done with those, she never came back, even though there were only two clients in the restaurant. All waiting for a refill on their drinks,I noticed. We stood at the bar waiting for her to turn around and at least acknowledge us standing there, but she was so engrossed in her computer register, that she didn't even turn around! We left the bar, sick of waiting for her attention. I mean there were only two couples in the whole restaurant!!!We couldn't stand it anymore and finished our pool match and went upstairs. It's weird that one person can put a damper on your feeling for the whole hotel, but she did.

Stayed May 2012
travelor146,

Thank you for your comments.

I have brought this review to the attention of the bartender working that shift. We have had a teaching/coaching session to go over guest service and the expectations of such service.

I hope you return to see the changes in the bartender. We appreciate your business and would like to have you stay with us again.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Modern trendy hotel with friendly staff and uber modern lobby. It is nice that they allow pets, although some dogs can become rambunctious when there are other dogs on the same floor. Of course, pet owners need to be understanding of the situation. The price is very good, reflecting the Westin goal of attracting budget-conscious travelers. Overall, a positive experience.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lynn1950
Lynn1950,

Thank you for your review! We are people friendly and pet friendly!

Thank you for your business! We look forward to you staying with us again soon!

New York City, New York
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We got a great deal on this hotel on Priceline ($40/night)! You can't beat it! The hotel was SUPER SUPER cool. It's the lower budget brand of the W hotels. Even though many of the materials and wall treatments were lower end, the design of the hotel still gave you a sense of luxury and coolness. The shower in our room was AMAZING and sexy (opaque glass to the bedroom). Perfect for a couple, and perfect for an overnight stay. I'm not sure if there was a restaurant or room service, we didn't use it, nor did we eat breakfast in the hotel. Food options in the area are really bad/terrible, but we were moving through with our own stash of food stuffs. The staff and front desk personnel were very friendly and welcoming. I was so impressed with the coolness of this hotel at its price point. I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
MDT_Adverntures,

Thanks for the review! I hope we exceeded your expectations.

We do have the WXYZ Lounge which opens everyday at 5pm. The menu offers finger foods and appetizers along with several adult beverages. Outside of the hotel we have over 50 restaurants, both franchise and non-franchise, within 5 miles and 10 within walking distance.

While we might not always be available at the price point you mentioned, we would be honored to have you visit us again.

va
Reviewed April 25, 2012

It was my first time staying at the alot brand hotel. Marie Johnson at front desk made my stay enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family