“Yucky!”

Super 8 Winchester VA
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Winchester

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
NASHUA
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Nice adjustable water flow in shower, plus variable spray pattern nozzle.Shower clean with no mold. Bed linen clean, no cigarette burns.

One lamp not plugged in because of too few outlets.

Breakfast selection limited (Only one cereal, no danish)

Lobby nice, breakfast room spacious

New TV

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MANNING
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Always stay at this motel on the way to upstate NY - have stayed there at least 20 times over the years. This year the accommodations were better than the last few times as the rooms looked cleaner and wet up nicely. Some dust was noted behind the nite stand but not as much as was the last few times we stayed. Close to many restaurants and gas stations is the reason I come there - price and convenience to rt 81.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Reviewed October 1, 2012

The staff was extremely friendly and informed me of a grrrreat buffet across the way called Hibachi garden buffet a huge amount of food. This place is excellent for the price you pay that's for sure and it was clean!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012
NJ
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We were on a road trip from NJ to Eastern Tennessee. We planned to stop over in the Shenandoah area of Virginia to see the caverns. We arrived in the area around 11:00 in the evening and stopped at a Fairfield Inn and then the Ramada Inn. Very unfortunately both were booked. We drove to the next place we saw the Super 8. We booked two rooms and all they said they had left were smoking rooms which normally I hate, but being that it was now midnight and we had 4 kids in tow we decided to take it. We entered the elevator and immediately the stench of smoke hit us this was not looking good already. We went up to the 3rd floor and the stench continued out of the elevator and into the hallway. I entered our room with my 3 children and started to look around. The mattress on one of the beds had dried blood stains, I pulled back the comforter to reveal a stained blanket covered with cigarette burn holes. There was an ominous looking dark stain on the ceiling. The fabric upholstered chairs were filthy. I went into the bathroom and there were dirty footprints in the tub. The front door would not shut properly adding to my discomfort with the room. Honestly the Bates Motel and the movie Vacancy came to mind. My daughter 6 began to cry and say she could not sleep in the room. My two boys 6 and 11 were a little less dramatic but stated they would rather sleep in the car. The maintenance worker knocked on our door shortly after we arrived to tell me he needed to fix the toilet. I told him about our room and we were able to move to another one on the second floor. This room was a non-smoking room, but they later told us the computers were down so they did not know what rooms were available. This room was slightly better there was no pervasive smoke odor but there was a stale odor to the room. The mattresses were still gross, but at least they were not stained with blood. The TV was broken but it was late so not really important.

Needless to say I had a horrible sleep and could not wait to run out of that hotel in the morning. I realize that this was a cheap hotel $50/night, and I truly did not expect anything fancy, but I did hope for at least a clean room sans blood and stench. They did offer a free breakfast, but there was no way I would eat anything coming out of their kitchen, we didn't even stop long enough to see what they offered.

So I learned two valuable lessons here.

1) Make a reservation somewhere before you leave so you know what you are getting
beforehand.

2) Avoid Super 8 in Winchester, VA at all costs, hell I think I will avoid any Super 8 in the future.

I have added some photos of the filth we witnessed.

Room Tip: Stay away from here at all costs.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank UCGal
Lawrence, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Memorial weekend. Ad said new management, newly renovated, but the building did not look newly renovated. We found 1 1/2 inch cockroach in the bathroom. Night manager said that was the only available room for the coupon price and they could not rent the room until calling the exterminator. Did not stay.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank steven2010
Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed March 16, 2012 via mobile

This is our first stop every year leaving New England for the sunny south. After 11 hours of driving we just want a hot meal and some shuteye time before hitting the road at 6 AM the next day. Breakfast is average but ready by 5:30 AM and we can hit the road.

We find this Super 8 meets our needs for a quick overnight.

Stayed October 2011