Super 8 Winchester VA
$76
Country Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Winchester(Winchester)(Great Value!)
$98
Sleep Inn & Suites(Winchester)(Great Value!)
$76
SleepInn
$104
Clarion Inn & Conference Center(Winchester)(Great Value!)
$77
$101
$116
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsroom was cleancontinental breakfastan overnight stayidamotelaccommodationspetdogs
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I would compare this hotel like section 8 housing would be. It smells bad. Everything is totally outdated I felt like I was in a flash back of the mid 70s. The water smelt like pure iron. The smoke detector was missing from the ceiling. Our obviously underage neighbors were drinking and yelling in the hallways. Honestly I wouldn't want to pay $10 a night to stay here because its not worth it.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank jlc2005
Reviewed December 20, 2011

I paid $55.99 for a smoking room with 2 double beds, refridgerator, micro, and HBO. The man at the front desk on the evening we checke din was helpful, courteous, and knowlegable. I had no reservation, but mentioned a deal I found on travelocity and he was happy to give us the room at the lower price. Beds were soft and clean, plenty of towels, simple but appropriate toiletires provided(but no handsoap). Room was clean, housekeeping on-time the tick, but we didn't feel rushed, man at the front desk at checkout was very polite and professional, and the check-in/check out procedure was swift. This motel is situated just off the major highway with plenty of fuel and food locations within walking distance, some are nice, some are just cheap and quick, but everything is close and convenient. I don't know what most people expect for under $60 a night, but this place seemed to be a perfect place for a couple who just want a clean, inexpensive room with no hassle.

Room Tip: single floor motel, mention a deal online- they might give you the lower price.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thanks Michael we deeply appreciate that you took out time and put few words about your experince of your stay.Our goal is nothing less than satisfaction of our clients and we keep updating and improving with our clients view.Awaiting to see you again.
Your's Obidiently
Management

Reviewed November 3, 2011

this hotel is in a good location close to restaurants and stores and right off highway 81. It is very dirty and STINKS of smoke. Our room was to be non smoking and smelled awful-full of smoke. The shower worked good but was missing the bar, smoke detector on ceiling missing with wires hanging out, blankets and bedspread with cig holes ect. There were rooms open with guys drinking beer.Outside lights broken and very dark outside broken lock on door. I would have been scared if my husband wasn't with me. The breakfast room was neat and clean but very limited food.Free wifi was good.

Room Tip: be sure its non smoking-upstairs is safer here.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2011

This was the first stop on a long trip. Apparently, the Winchester area is the last 'major' area before heading into the mountains, so there will be a premium for any motel in the area. This Super 8, accordingly, was a bit more pricy than most, although it was probably the best deal considering the area.

I would rate this one as 'average' among the low-end Super 8/Motel 6 type motels. I had no major problems at all, everything seemed to work, including the wi-fi. I got a good night's sleep, without any noise or problems, and was out early the next morning.

If you're coming this way, I would suggest checking an exit or two south of here to see if the rates are any cheaper- with tax, this came out to around $60/night.

Room Tip: Check other low-end motels to see if they can beat $60/night, which is the cost here.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Poor room. Lack of cleaness. Horrible WIFI. Tiny breakfast. Bad service. There are better hotels nearby. The only reason for choosing this hotel is price and good location. The city of Winchester is beautiful.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business