“BIG Dissapointment”

Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Roanoke, Virginia
“BIG Dissapointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

We have stayed at many Hilton Garden Inns. This was the worst by far. The room was very hot and would not cool down. The pool was filthy dirty and the air was so hot you could not breath in the pool area. The mattresses were so uncomfortable that we could not sleep, they had huge divots in them. The restaurant food could not hold a candle to McDonalds. Thank goodness McDonalds was in walking distance so we could eat something edible. When addressing the general manager it was like talking to a used car salesman. We will never stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Bill H
GeneralManager1204, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winchester, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Bill H,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with the condition of our property. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. Again, we apologize for the issues and we hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.

Rick.Ferree@Hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

The room was comfortable, but what made the stay was the service! The staff was so friendly and helpful. We were in Winchester for a family wedding. After we got back, several of us gathered in front of the fireplace in the lobby for nightcaps. The bar was closed, but we had our own bottles. The woman at the front desk (I think her name was Christie) got us glasses and nuts and bent over backwards to make sure we were taken care of. Hats off to Christie! Breakfast the next morning was quite satisfying too. A lovely place to stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear alan93,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. I'm glad you enjoyed your room and were able to take advantage of our fresh made-to-order breakfast. But I really love hearing that our staff went above and beyond. It's always a pleasure to hear that a member of our staff was able to create a memorable stay! We always aim to exceed our guests expectations and I am glad Christy took good care of you. We always enjoy hearing back from our guests, it gives us a chance to see how we are performing and I will be sure to pass along your kind review.

Thank you for your stay. I hope you enjoyed you time in Winchester while celebrating with family and hope we will see you next time you are in town!

new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Very comfortable, large room. Friendly staff. Once entering the lobby it was a pleasure to see complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate along with some cookies. Front desk were very friendly and helpful. Will always stay here when in Winchester.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear NYMetfan,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at The Hilton Garden Inn. I am happy you enjoyed the hotel, our staff, and were able to take advantage of our lobby refreshments! Our hotel always aims to welcome guests with friendly service and to provide a welcoming comfortable environment and I love hearing we hot the mark with your stay!

Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a standardized Garden Inn. No surprises, clean and modern. But the staff was unforgettable. We needed a conference room and Heidi(a manager) dropped everything and made that aspect perfect.
The front desk staff were wonderful. Here is the unbelievable part.....it snowed overnight and my rental car was buried. Not being prepared I asked the front desk if anyone could remove the snow. 15 minutes later the car was sitting up front. I asked who did this. I was told the front desk manger(Victoria Collins) and another of her staff. I was amazed. I can't imagine another hotel anywhere having a manager do what Victoria did.
Every staff member had that attitude and while I did not meet the General Manager I hope this is read. Thanks to all for an unforgettable personal experience.

• Stayed February 2014
GeneralManager1204, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winchester, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Mike O,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share you recent experience with us on TripAdvisor. I am truly grateful for the staff we have here and it is no surprise to me that they provided you with such excellent service. The storm dumped almost 2 feet of snow on us here in Winchester and so many members of the staff worked extra hours and went out of their way to be sure all our guests were taken care of. I can't express how much I love hearing that they made your stay unforgettable! I will be sure to pass your review along to the staff as their hard work certainly deserves to be recognized!

Thank you for your stay and, again, for your review! We hope to see you on your next visit to the area.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

Very comfortable and big rooms, with free complimentary WiFi. Hotel lobby has just been renewed and looked very nice. They want you to give a wonderfull, even during my two weeks stay. Looking forward to come back next time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Remco D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! I am glad you found your room to be spacious and comfortable and that you had an enjoyable few weeks with us! We recently finished out Project Grow renovation, with upgrades to the property’s communal spaces including the lobby and the guest reception area. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed this sprucing up! Our lobby now features the Garden Table with fresh beverages and snacks, a more relaxed dining area with live plants, candles, and pendant lighting, which we hope will allow guests to take greater advantage of the hotel’s public spaces and offerings whether traveling for business or pleasure!

Again thank you for your review and for your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!!

Strasburg, VA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

Due to snow and icy conditions I could not get home. Our company has a business discount at Hilton Garden Inn for employee. But I am a Hiltons Honor Member so I would have chosen this hotel for my stay, the discount was an added benefit.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

GeneralManager1204, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winchester, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Charles S,

I'm sorry that you were unable to get home because of the recent winter weather but I am glad you were able to stay with us under your company's corporate rate. We are the perfect choice for anyone coming to the Winchester area on business or traveling for leisure. Thank you for your loyalty as a Hilton HHonors member. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope our team made you feel comfortable and at home.

I appreciate your TripAdvisor review and we hope to see you again soon without the bad weather!

Saratoga Springs, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

The hotel is very good, the sleep number beds are for the birds. Spent all night trying to adjust the firmness and failed miserably. Everything about the hotel was good except the sleep number beds. That's all they have at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Bob N,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us but disappointed to hear that you were unable to get a good night's sleep with our Garden Sleep System bed. I would like to apologize for the experience you had with your bed's firmness settings that did not live up to your expectations. Guest comfort is of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide a comfortable environment including a good night's sleep. I will be sure to have our maintenance team take a look to ensure all our beds are functioning correctly.

Thank you for your stay and for sharing your experience. I hope to have you again with us in the future when we will be able to provide you with a more favorable night's sleep.