“Beautiful Hotel!!! Very Friendly Staff - Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Winchester

Hilton Garden Inn Winchester
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Beautiful Hotel!!! Very Friendly Staff - Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the hotel on 11-22-13 for a nice one night get away. Keurig in the room was noticed right away and LOVED. The room was extremely clean, with a very polite note from Anne, our housekeeper, signed with a smiley face. In the morning Carrie, the housekeeper on the floor, allowed me to use all of her creamers from her cart and made the trip back downstairs for more, :). Excellent room, great hotel, will stay here everytime we visit winchester. The exercise room was awesome, televisions located on each machine, so each person can watch what they would like, the pool was very nice, hot tub was great. Not a single complaint from me for the hotel or staff.

Room Tip: We stayed in a King Room on the 3rd floor. We heard no outside noise, no disturbances from above fl...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
GeneralManager1204, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winchester, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Benjamin O,

Thank you for your stay with us and for your wonderful review! I was thrilled to read the great feedback you provided about your stay. Reviews like yours let me know that my staff is doing a great job of providing top notch service! I will be sure to share your kind words with them, guests like yourself keep us motivated to give our best. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our pool and fitness center and that all areas were up to par.

Again, thank you for the kind words. Please return again soon, we look forward to having you!

Rick.Ferree@Hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Huntsville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

The room is fine and perfectly acceptable. The desk workers are friendly and willing to help. Be aware breakfast is $10 per person unless you want to just take an apple or banana and go. There is a friendly Waffle House on the edge of the property :)

Stayed November 2013
Dear LERuth,

Thank you for sharing your stay on TripAdvisor! I appreciate your feedback and am glad to hear you room was enjoyable and the staff was friendly and helpful. Though our breakfast is not included with our standard rate, we do offer bed and breakfast packaged rates and in those rates, the price of breakfast is discounted. We would love to have you stay with us again. Be sure to visit our website or call us directly when you plan your next trip so you can take advantage of one of our wonderful packages.

Again thank you for your stay and your review! We hope you'll choose the Hilton Garden Inn the next time you're in Winchester!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Staff is courteous. Room was clean and welcoming. Restful night an quiet room. Motel is conveniently located. We stayed here before several years ago and remembered that we liked the motel, staff, and restaurant. Will probably stay here again. Appreciat a clean, quiet room when traveling.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for your review and for your return stay with us! It's a pleasure to hear that your experience from several years ago was memorable enough that you came back to see us again! I am glad to hear that your experience this time was just as enjoyable and that the staff took good care of you and your room.

Again thank you for your business. I hope you'll come back to see us soon!

Ormond Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

after some of the other reviews, I wasn't expecting much and so we were very pleasantly surprised here. the desk staff was very nice and helpful, our room was comfortable and clean and you know what? that's exactly what we needed that night. Breakfast was pretty decent as well.

this was a quick stop off on a long drive and it was better than expected. And I thought I had reserved online, but turns out i didn't. got a better rate in person. :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
GeneralManager1204, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winchester, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear bonsai35,

I am so glad to hear that you and your friends had such a nice stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to share it! Our staff is always working hard to go above and beyond guest expectations. I hope you'll choose us again in the future and that we'll be able to provide you with an even better experience next time!

christiansburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Hotel was clean, well-organized. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was great, and wait staff was very pleasant. Very nice accommodations for the Winchester, VA area. I travel on business and will use this location again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

GeneralManager1204, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winchester, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Perry C,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdivsor! I believe it's our staff that really makes out hotel stand out and make so many of our guest stays comfortable and welcoming. I'm glad your experience with us was such an enjoyable one and I will be sure to share your kind words with our staff.

Again thank you for your stay and comments! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

These complaints are in regards to a wedding block. When setting up our rooms we requested an adjoining room for our wedding party. Upon check in we did not receive an adjoining room and when the staff was asked to resolve the problem they were very rude and said they could not do anything and they would never have guaranteed this request. After being told many times that the issue could not be resolved someone miraculously found two rooms available on the requested floor. Secondly, we had gift bags for our guests. We were also promised that they would receive these upon check in. This did not happen either, I had to ask my guests to go down to the front and ask for the bags. All of my guests had the same response that the service was very poor and they found the staff to be very rude. When I asked who was on our final room block the front desk started reading me names of guests who were not even in my party. The whole experience was very disappointing and the added stress was very discouraging.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
GeneralManager1204, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winchester, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

I am disappointed to hear that you found your experience with our hotel so unsatisfying. Unfortunately, adjoining rooms are not a guaranteed amenity at our property but are a request based on availability. The weekend you stayed with us our hotel was sold out and we were unable to assign adjoining rooms. Our front desk always does their best to honor each guest request and, as we were unable to provide adjoining rooms, we were able to place your rooms next door to each other. I am sorry to hear you did not find this solution acceptable and I am glad to hear that after changing your room type the front desk was able to provide you with adjoining rooms on your requested floor. I am also disappointed to hear that our front desk was unable to provide you with the guest names in your wedding block. Whenever a wedding block is booked at our hotel each bride is given a personalized group web page with a guest list manager that is available online at any time for your access and will list all the rooms booked by your guests.

Please accept my apologies that your weekend with us did not go as you had planned and did not meet your expectations. I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. In order for our guests to be at their bests, it is imperative that our staff members are at their best, and I hope our staff will learn from this experience and continue to improve.

Thank you for your business and your comments.

Midlothian
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This hotel is up to date, and the staff are excellent. Room and bed comfort were superior. Service in all areas was superior too. The staff members are helpful, professional, and personable. The food, both banquet style and in the restaurant was excellent, even in spite of nearby competing restaurants. I really enjoyed this stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Thomas S
Dear Thomas S,

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff took such great care of you while you were here. Our in house restaurant is a great feature that we are proud to offer and I’m glad you enjoyed the meals you had while with us both in the restaurant and those prepared by our chef for your banquet. I will be sure to pass along your review to our staff.

Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to having you back in the future!