Hilton Garden Inn Winchester
$124
Hampton.com
Sleep Inn & Suites(Winchester)(Great Value!)
$72
SleepInn
$83
Country Inn
$101
$104
Clarion Inn & Conference Center(Winchester)(Great Value!)
$88
$93
$116
$110
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskdiamond memberglory daysnice propertyroom was cleangreat place to staynext morninghot tubnight's sleeplong drivedowntown winchesterconvenient locationstaff was friendlyindoor poolcontinental breakfastshenandoah universityhgi
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Does the train always come by both morning and night? First time had a hotel near train tracks. Nice hotel very clean, and updated. The room was big the bed was soft and sleep quality was good until train went by. The bathroom was clean and big but shower pressure was weak. didn't care for shower. the frig and microvave was a plus tv was nice too. But location is everything. the parking lot was full and rather small . from my car to the tracks maybe 15 feet. .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Unfamiliar with the area, I selected this property after reading the traveler review on TripAdvisor. I checked in for one night while on business tarvel in the area. Check-in was efficient and Michelle was pleasant. I checked in late and the restaurant was already closed so Michelle offered me a menu to the restaurant that was next door. My room was clean, quiet and comfortable. I had no complaints. Service at breakfast was the same and the staff was very pleasant and customer-focused. The property is conveniently located near Interstate 81 and is in a large shopping mall complex. Overall, a decent one night stay. If in the area again, I'd likely stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ladyinmaryland
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Needed a place to spend the night after a drive from DC to visit the iconic Family Drive-In in Stephens City, VA. This fit our needs perfectly.We stayed in a King Suite (parents + two teens), which was perfect, since the teens slept in the sleep sofa in the separate sitting room. It was just 6 miles up Route 81 from the theatre. For those who are interested, the hotel is also very close to Shenandoah University and the Apple Blossom Mall.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Euvites
Reviewed August 12, 2013

As usual the staff here are very nice, professional and are willing to help. The location is good although a little difficult to exit when traffic gets heavy. Close to numerous restaurants and downtown Winchester and close to I 81 without being in sight or hearing range. Clean well decorated rooms. I wish the fridges were larger for the week long stays though. One issue I have is with the AC. Once you leave the room for an extended perios of time the AC goes to some type of energy mode. When I get back in the afternoons my room is pretty warm. This of course is only an issue during the summer. Once you enter the room it kicks back on. I came in one afternoon at 5PM and it wasn't until 7Pm that I felt my room was cool enough to be comfortable. I understand the need to conserve energy but the room can be pretty uncomfortable for too long once you're back and you've been outside sweating all day.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bigfoot424
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Overall the Hilton Garden Inn was decent enough. One annoyance was a garbage truck that was emptying a dumpster at 6:00am which woke us up. I'm not sure if it was at the hotel or at a nearby business, but it was bad enough that we opted for a different hotel in the same area the next night. Even gave up getting my Hilton Honors points to do that, but there's really nothing pleasant about getting awakened like that. Breakfast was not included, and it probably should have been. The other hotel we stayed at the next night, which was literally almost next door, did provide a free breakfast.

Room Tip: Get a room on the "front" side of the hotel so the garbage trucks won't wake you up.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family