“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Florida
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Even though there was a very bad storm the night we stayed, the hotel and staff did an excellent job. Our stay was very comfortable and the hotel staff was ready to care for us should there be a difficult weather situation. They kept us advised, kept us off of the elevator and directed us to the lobby should it get worse and should the power go off. The room was clean and comfortable and the rate was acceptable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Edinburg, Virginia
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Here for my last day after being here for a week. The hotel is nice and clean in appearance and well decorated. The staff was very nice and professional and treated me well. My room AC worked less than very well and the staff had to keep doing a reset on the computer each afternoon or the room would get too warm. I should have moved the first day but I was already unpacked. Next time I'll make the move right away. I ate breakfast here daily. It was typical for the most part. The "Fresh" pastries were anything but. Not very good and pretty stale. I asked for eggs scrambled well one day and they were so soft I couldn't eat them. The guy cooks some excellent Bacon though. The oatmeal wasn't all that good and the Nuts that sat by them were very stale. I try and eat Oatmeal daily but theirs wasn't very good. I never ate dinner here. Overall I liked this place and I've already booked it for some upcoming work later this summer.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Requested a room months before my stay date - always away from the elevator. My room was NEXT to the elevator and the hotel was sold out, so I couldn't move. Screeching and beeping all night long through the wall next to my head. Had to go to the drug store to buy ear plugs, which were not offered in the hotel lobby store. Beds are comfy and full, but a bit lumpy in places. Also, the pool and whirlpool were cold and dirty, with no locker room to change. Fitness room was very small, but clean. Chef cooked a mean omellette, but waitstaff lacked personality and spunk. Went through 4 slices of moldy bread before I hit a clean piece for toasting. No bowls laid out for cereal. No silverware/placemats on bar. No coffee offered at bar, just tables - had to get a paper cup to get my own. Breakfast is NOT complementary here - for $10 pp, I expected more. Greeting/reception area was clean and staff was friendly and offered exceptional information. Would be wise due to their location to expand the pool/fitness area and add spa services to draw people in. For a Hilton, it's not up to par.

1 Thank Ed D
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed June 20, 2012

The evening desk clerk was amazingly hospitable. We checked in with young kids late at night so we didn't have the desire for a prolonged check-in. He zipped us through so fast that the kids didn't even have time to stop walking! The breakfast staff was equally gracious and attentive. I wish all hotels were like this one!

Virginia
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Nice room with HBO & large bath. Friendly staff, good food.

• Stayed June 2012
Elmwood, Tennessee
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I love Hilton Garden Inn. We try to stay at this hotel as much as possible. Here is issue with them. They are the most outwardly environmentally irresponsible hotel in their class. I recently stayed at the Sherton and they has recycling bins in the hotel rooms and on each floor for paper, plastic 1 & 2, glass and cans same goes for The Holiday Inn. They used recycled toilet paper that was soft and tissue. You had the option of getting your towels changed instead of it being automatic. Zero recycling at the Hilton Garden Inn and our towels get changed out even if they were not dirty. One of the biggest no brainer irritations I saw was their use of styrofoam take out containers in their restaurant. The cook put my one egg in this huge stryrofoam container just so I could take it up to my room eat it and throw the container away. Styrofoam is forever. If you added up all the Hilton hotels they could have a large impact on the environment world wide and other hotels would follow suit. Even if a person isn't into the environment, pollution affects everyone.

Other than my biff about the waste at the Garden Inn, everything else is great. I will give them their props for the use of compact light bulbs and salt water pools. It is a step.

Oh yeah, Hilton Garden Inn did not have a wheel chair for guests to use. I have never been to a hotel that didn't have one.

Room Tip: Ask if the bed has been checked to see if it works. They use sleep number beds and many of them are...
Bedford, Virginia
Reviewed May 14, 2012

This is a typical Hilton Garden Inn, and that is mostly good. Very nice, clean property and rooms, good amenities, good breakfast, friendly staff, above average room service. The big problem are the beds. These adjustable beds that you find at this brand just do not work half the time, as was the case with this visit. No matter where I set the dial, the bed remained hard as a rock. Now, I'm sure some manager may reply to this review and try to put the blame on me for not contacting the front desk, but I'm getting tired of the blame shift game too. The only reasonable solution would have been to change rooms, and I was not about to do that after a long day and traveling with three other people including a young child. The real solution is to avoid the chain, and I may have to start doing so.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family