Hilton Garden Inn Winchester
La Quinta Inn & Suites Winchester(Winchester)(Great Value!)
$89
$83
Country Inn
Sleep Inn & Suites(Winchester)(Great Value!)
$64
SleepInn
Clarion Inn & Conference Center(Winchester)(Great Value!)
$72
$101
$106
$98
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskdiamond memberglory daysnice propertyroom was cleanexcellent hotelgreat place to staynext morninghot tubnight's sleeplong driveconvenient locationstaff was friendlyindoor poolcontinental breakfastdowntown winchestershenandoah university
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I have stayed at several local chain hotels on business in the Winchester, Virginia area. Most of the time I am loyal to the Choice Hotel brand, but this place is such an 'oasis' that I have converted to the Hilton Brand when in this area. To keep this review brief... consistently the rooms/accommodations are very clean, staff is very cordial and supportive. One big thing... they have a restaurant on premises which is very convenient, AND THEY ALSO HAVE IN-ROOM MICROWAVE AND REFRIGERATOR! I can't remember many hotels that offer that, when they have a restaurant. You really must give this 'oasis' a try next time you are passing through the Winchester, Virginia area! Take care and be safe when traveling.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor (5th) if needing a quieter room, away from the elevator as this end of the building is away from the traffic and railway.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank VirginiaTraveler072
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I stayed here for business and was PLEASANTLY surprised at how nice this hotel was. Everything in my room had been updated and everything actually WORKED. :) The bed was comfortable and the room was 100% spotless. The staff was great and the breakfast I had was awesome! I would definitely stay here again for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor and things were quite quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Framodcole
Reviewed February 8, 2012

The hotel has nice rooms, comfortable beds, but the pillows left a lot to be desired being soft and mushy. There is a mini fridge and microwave in the room and several nice touches including 2 bottles of water and mints. I also like it when there is a freezer area inside the mini fridge, which this one had. There is no fan in the bathroom and the shower head is powerful. In the morning it will run you no less than $10/person for breakfast at this place. I'm hoping my situation doesn't happen too often here, but I need to mention what happened. First, I was misinformed, or somehow I misunderstood the check-out policy. I had a 3 day reservation I made by phone w/ the understanding that I could check out before 6pm on any given night to avoid extra charges. Of course, my job assignment was transferred after the 1st night but I did not find out until 4pm. But I had to fight tooth and nail until the young red head behind the counter realized I was not going to pay for an unused night. I had to tell her to call her manager because our disagreement was going nowhere and because she insisted on charging my company credit card. I understand she was trying to uphold the rules, but in this instance, there should have been made an exception with a smile. I will never return to this hotel again simply because of this. And for the record, I stayed at The Marriott-Courtyard across town on a prior 3 day stay and it was much nicer, friendlier and newer at the same price I paid here per night. And I almost forgot to mention, I did not have to pay for the remaining unused nights per her manager.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
sherri_cooper, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. I apologize for the miscommunication on our checkout policy. The hotel was sold out the night you wanted to leave and the housekeping staff had already gone home. On most occasions there is no problem with checking out at this time unless we need to rent the room to another guest on that night. I hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

I definitely would recommend this hotel to anyone as it was one of the best I've stayed in! It was clean, no odors, and best of all, I haven't slept so well in a long time!! The mattress was just right, and I woke up feeling really happy! I usually never dream, but that night my sleep was so deep I actually had dreams I could remember! My back also did not hurt, and I didn't have any headaches like I usually do when I stay in some hotels. The bathroom was very clean and spacious. Overall, it was extremely comfortable in every way! I will definitely stay here again when I am passing through Winchester. Another plus was the reasonable price! It was definitely worth it!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
sherri_cooper, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

Thank you for your comments with regard to your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Winchester, VA. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and you liked our beds.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn.

Regards
Sherri Cooper

Reviewed December 8, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for 2 nights when visiting family in the area. We didn't spend too much time at the hotel because we were mostly with our family, but the hotel was a comfortable place to stay and we had no issues while there.

We arrived late on a Friday night and had a speedy check-in with a friendly woman at the front desk. We stayed in a suite with a king bed, which basically has a bedroom area with a bed and a tv and a separate sitting area with a couch, desk, and second tv. There is no door between the bedroom and sitting area, but the layout allowed plenty of space. The room was nothing fancy, but it was clean and the bed was comfortable.

There is a small fitness room and a pool/hot tub on the ground floor. The fitness room is small, with 2 treadmills, an elliptical, a bike, and some weights. But all the machines are new and the cardio equipment has individual tvs attached to the machines, which was very nice. It wasn't crowded during our stay so we were the only ones using the gym. The pool is also small, but it was nice to have one there and it was open until 10 pm. My husband and I used the hot tub, which was relaxing at the end of the day.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to people who need a comfortable place to stay in Winchester.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Thanks so much for staying with us during your visit to Winchester. We're glad you decided to give us a try. Our staff tries to bring personal attention to every guest and I am very pleased you received this attention at the front desk.

Thanks again for the kind words and we really hope to see you on your next visit.

Sincerely