“A spectacular culinary experience right here in the Shenandoah Valley.”
Review of Thai Winchester

Thai Winchester
Ranked #8 of 319 Restaurants in Winchester
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Full service restaurant with patio seating and full bar, featuring authentic Thai cuisine and drinks. Repeat winner: "People’s Favorite Restaurant” awards. Our diverse and flavorful menu has something for everyone, from mild to hot, vegetarian or not.
Reviewed January 13, 2012

A spectacular culinary experience right here in the Shenandoah Valley. Away from the hectic city yet set apart by its authenticity; this Thai restaurant is superb!

Reviewed January 9, 2012

We have now been twice to this restaurant in old town Winchester, and we have all had fabulous dishes each time. Yesterday I had Massaman curry, with chicken, which I highly recommend. I've long been a fan of Panang curry -- but was tempted to try this for something new, and I think it's my new favorite. Husband and sons all loved their dishes -- sorry I can't remember the names of them. Beautiful, cheerful interior. Good, friendly service. Prices are average, and portions are generous!

Reviewed January 5, 2012

It's been 10 years since I lived outside Winchester and 5 years since I last visited. We just wanted something tasty and simple during an unexpected overnight stay on New Years Eve. We anticipated a crowd on the walking mall during the First Night festivities but decided to take our chances finding some place to get a table.

The Thai Winchester had a large crowd and wasn't booked with reservations. We sat at the bar during our short wait and met a very friendly and outgoing bartender who turned out to be one of the owners.

We shared an appetizer of steamed mussels in a delicious lemon grass & basil broth. The mussels were very clean tasting--not gritty or chewy. Entrees were Thai Bar-B-Q chicken with papaya salad and red curry with shrimp. The chicken was tender and tasty--not smoky or dried out. It came with sticky rice served in a wrapped banana leaf. The salad was fresh and crunchy. The curry was properly spicy ("Mexican hot") with plenty of medium sized shrimp. The sticky rice with mango dessert was the highlight of the meal--expertly presented with slivers of ripe mango over a bed of sticky rice in sweet coconut milk.

After dinner we chatted briefly with the co-owner husband who was friendly and appreciated our compliments of his wife's bartending skills and pleasant personality. Service was efficient; our waitress gladly helped with a few menu recommendations. Total bill, including five drinks was under $100 including tax and almost 20% tip. Quite reasonable for the quality compared to home.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Went on New Year's Day with friends and family to Thai Winchester and had a very nice time. We started out with spring rolls and the papaya salad with sticky rice. The spring rolls were very good and the papaya salad was surprisingly excellent. It is sweet and spicy and the sticky rice adds a little something to absorb the hot if you don't like it too hot. The service was very attentive and nice and dinner was out quickly (before the main courses) for my toddler so that he didn't get too bored. They also brought him a couple of treats here and there to help occupy him.

Reviewed December 6, 2011

We ordered a few appetizers (dumpling sampler, lard nar, fried squid) and a curry to share and I was impressed by all. Service was good. I felt the prices were a touch high, but I would gladly visit again.