“Pretty darn good”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Dancing Goat - CLOSED

The Dancing Goat
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Winchester, Virginia
“Pretty darn good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was our second meal there and it was quite pleasing for a Sunday lunch. The lunch menu is short but all are reasonably priced. I got the half rack of ribs with tater tots and it was incredible. The ribs were very meaty and the rub had quite a spicy kick and a peppery finish. The only thing I would do differently is instead of slathering on the sauce they should brush it on lightly and finish it on the grill to caramelize. Still they are some of the best you'll get around the Shenandoah Valley. The other parties ordered the crabcake sandwich which was excellent and the kobe burger which was outstanding. The only problem was they were out of fries so we ordered tater tots. Have to say they were the best we've had but I've never been to a restaurant that didn't have french fries. Somebody dropped the ball.
Prices are very reasonable with a half rack of ribs at $10 and a full at $20 and the kobe burger at $14 with both including a side. Fine dining in downtown Winchester at more than reasonable prices. Certainly worth a visit.

• Visited February 2013

Virginia
“Food was good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Menu was a little different and everything we had tasted good. Wait staff seemed a little overwhelmed by the number of people there - which was a surprise as it is part of the hotel and therefore you would assume they would expect to be busy.

Visited February 2013
Stephens City, Virginia
“not worth it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were there to take my 87 year old Mother out for her birthday. We went for breakfast because there was suppose to be a buffet.
The buffet was small and had only fruit on it and not much else and was expensive. The French toast we ordered was not cooked all the way, food was cold, and the waitress was clueless. I have had better tasting food at waffle house.

• Visited July 2012
Ohio
“Good food, a little pricey....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I ended up spending $40 (w/tip) for breakfast for myself and 2 kids. It was good, but not worth $40.

Visited December 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Don't Waste Your Time - Slowest Service and Cold Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was in Winchester celebrating my elder mother's birthday and one of her friends recommended this restaurant. It was a bitter cold day and there were only two other tables seated when we arrived. The waitress told of us of the specials and both of us ordered the Roast Beef with Gray and mash potatoes - unfortunately we assumed it was a hot dish! It took over 40 minutes to bring us the special and both plates including the food were cold. We sent them back and waited another 30 minutes for new plates to come with luke warm food. My father ordered the Chicken Chili Soup - which was more like Chicken noodle soup. The only good meal was the ribs my daughter ordered. The waitress did take the roast beef meals off the bill and try to make amens, however it really made for a sorry birthday meal. I will not recommend this place.

• Visited January 2013