“I'm a local, not worth the risk”
Review of The Dancing Goat - CLOSED

The Dancing Goat
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Winchester, Virginia
“I'm a local, not worth the risk”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is the most unpredictable restaurant I have ever eaten at. Sometimes the food is good, sometimes it is unedible. On occasion the service is ok, mostly it is incredibly slow, and it is never exceptional. Unfortunately, I am forced to eat here for business on more occasions than I ever would if it was left up to me. The hotel is great, but there are so many better and more reliable restaurants within a block, that this is not worth hoping you get lucky.

• Visited January 2012

Seattle, Washington
“Better than a hotel restaurant”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

A menu which actually is more unique than a typical hotel restaurant fare. The food is on par with local chefs who cook with TLC.

Visited December 2012
Winchester, Virginia
“Dining at The Dancing Goat is a real treat.”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We went to The Dancing Goat tonight to celebrate my birthday. We were seated immediately and our server, Liz, was the perfect server. She was very accommodating and attentive without crowding us. The manager also checked with us to see that everything was satisfactory. My husbands' filet was served exactly as he liked it. The food portions are generous and the prices reasonable. It was a lovely and relaxing evening.

• Visited November 2012
Cross Junction, Virginia
“Average food at high end prices for Winchester”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

At our dinner for four, there really were no raves or standouts. I was hoping for more but found the service on the slow side (even though we were the first guests for the evening due to theatre plans), with the need for more energy, and the food, while okay, did not measure up to what I would call their nearby competition. Violino's, Village Square and the quirky One Block West all stand out as having better food at comparable or even better prices, and they are all within a few blocks. Our dinners at the Goat were just average in many ways - most importantly flavor.

• Visited May 2012
Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
“Fresh local food at a wonderful price.”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

How can you not stop at a restaurant named "The Dancing Goat"? My husband and I stopped in for dinner and weren't disappointed at all. His burger was thick and juicy, perfectly cooked. Although the vegetarian options are limited, the chef can accommodate by modifying some of the meals and was happy to do so. The endive on my salad was amazing, perfectly crisp and tasty.

Everything is freshly prepared using local, organic produce whenever possible and the presentation on the plate is artful. Our wait staff was chatty and very knowledgeable about the food. The wine list is nice.

I'd stack this up against any stuffy upper class joint and yet the price tag for two was around $30.

• Visited August 2012