“A good nights sleep, and a helpful front desk.”

Red Roof Inn Winchester
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We arrived late after visiting the beautiful downtown area of Winchester. The front desk clerk, Rachel, was very, very helpful and understanding when I had a booking error. She was able to straighten it out and we were able to get a good night's sleep. The king bed was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The bathroom was newly remodeled, and I saw no problems, and never detected any smell, as others commented. I like having our vehicle not far from the door for convenience. Breakfast was typical for this type of motel (cold cereal and toast). 9 am is too early to close breakfast on a Saturday, but other than that, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The king room has no table in it, only a chair.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Judy T, Manager at Red Roof Inn Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2014

Thanks for your comments about your stay with us. We hope you come back and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

We planned on staying here as a stop on our way home from a long drive. The lady at the desk was very nice when we arrived. We walked into our room and instinctly smelt gross wet dog. I understand they allow dogs and I can appreciate that because we have a large dog ourselfs. The rugs were wet and stained, the bathroom towels had stains on them along with the shower being dirty and shower curtain had stains on it, our deadbolt on our door did not work due to the lack of maintance. Our window shade was broken and didn't cover the whole window. My husband tried to take a shower and there was no hot water. We were but right by the stairs and you could hear everyone going up and down, the interstate is right by the hotel and you can hear this as well. We asked if we could be moved to a more quite area and we were told they couldn't do that. After all this I couldn't bare staying here, they also would not refund my money after this horrible experience. Also the this is is a very depressing town, lack of foods and services.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank lve2bonVK
Judy T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

I'm very sorry for the bad experience and for also not meeting your expectations. Since we are an exterior corridor location, outside noise is not something we can control. It could be loud sometimes but most of the times it's very quiet around here. The town is growing and we are getting more restaurants and shopping malls around here as well. We have fixed the hot water problem with everything else you mentioned here. Next time you stay with us, please ask for a room away from the stairs and we should be able to accommodate you. Please give us another chance and I hope we can meet your expectations and you leave with a positive attitude.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The room smelled of old, stale smoke enough so that my nose was congested by morning. The pillows could not have been any flatter - its a good thing I travel with my own! The faucet, when opened at a medium water flow ran all over the counter and the shower head sprayed in many directions because of the mineral build up. To me these are all indicators of poor maintenance. The outdoors was totally unkempt and should have been mowed at least a week ago. This property is not chain owned. The difference is quite obvious. This property ticked me off a few years ago when they canceled my reservation because i was not there by 8pm. As a redicard member, they had my credit card and could have billed for a no show. As a result of that cancellation I had to drive all the way to Manassas to find a place to stay. I travel with dogs so my options in the Winchester area are limited. I would rather stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: If you have a dog you are limited to the west side.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank andrap270
Reviewed April 13, 2014

The room had an unpleasent odor. The three pillows on the king bed were flat. One of the three pillows were yellow/grey dirty. I returned all three to the main office and they were replaced with clean pillow cases, but still flat pillows. The sheets on the bed appeared to be just thrown in place. The fitted sheet was not tucked in the top and the top sheet was loose and untucked. We had been on the road for 16 hours that day and were just too tired to have a room change. We stayed here in Jan 2014 and had no complaints but this time it was really bad. Next year we will try someplace different. I did notice through an open door on my walk to the office, that there was a large dog sleeping on one of the beds. This surprised me because I just never thought that people would allow their pets sleep on the beds. Maybe in their own homes but I am surprised by the lack of respect. I don't want to sleep on a bed where someones dog has possibly stepped into fecal matter, then jumps up on the bedspread.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Charlieboy155
Judy T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2014

I'm very sorry for not being able to meet your standards. Hope you give us another chance in the future and we can make it up to you.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Stayed at the hotel the end of march room was dirty holes in bed linen and BUGS crawling up the wall and floor we left immediately and told the night desk clerk the reason why....my husband called to speak to the manager and she really didn't care

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank rdbudd

I want to apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay. It is very unusual that you saw bugs crawling on the wall. Our exterminating company Orkin does the routine service every month and we haven't been notified about any rooms having bug issues. We try our level best to be vigilant about it because we don't want our guests to get bit by any type of bugs. I'm very for the front desk agent's attitude towards this issue. Hope we get to see you soon and you have a positive experience with us.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

While we've stayed here many times previously, this will likely be our last. The room had a bad odor, toiletries missing, TV not not working well (bad connections), indifferent check in staff, excessive noise/parties. We paid for an "upgraded, improved deluxe room" and got a bad experience.

Room Tip: Don't let them put you at the farthest point from the front desk and NOT on the I-95 side of the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Charles M

I'm sorry that our location didn't meet your expectations. Recently we have made lots of changes in our staff as well as room amenities. I hope you give us one more try and you get to enjoy the stay with us.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Stayed at Red Roof Inn at Winchester, Va. for 4th or 5th time. Always stop on way to and from Fl. Pets are free, rooms are clean and Staff is exceptional. Plenty of room to park a trailer and Rachel at the desk was like a long lost relative. No one could be more pleasant. Will be stopping again on next trip.

Room Tip: East side rooms may be quieter but have stayed on both side and sleep like a baby.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thanks for mentioning us as a best friendly hotel. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your business.