WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Miami, Florida
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have stayed at this Red Roof location before and have always had a positive experience. Housekeeping did a great job keeping my room tidy. The front desk staff was has happy to go out of their way to ensure everything was up to my standards. I even received a phone call shortly after entering my room to ensure everything worked and that I was happy with the room. It's rare that I receive calls like that. I would certainly stay at this location again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Judy T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Winchester, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thanks for your kind words about our staff members. I'm very glad to hear that you really enjoyed your stay. Please give us another chance in the future to serve you again. Thanks very much.

Judy.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Upstate Ny
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

When we checked in, I was happy the room wasn't worse.
(Dog hair here and there, corners not vacuumed,
filthy mirrors, stains in the tub...ok...tried not to be too fussy for the price.)
When we tried the bed--it was hard, horrid, and felt like lying
on box springs. What the ?
IMMEDIATELY went to check out & was told NO REFUND,
even for the 2nd nite we had reserved.
Later via e-mail attempting to get a refund was told we
stayed the entire night so tough--still: NO REFUND.
So they not only have a lousy place, the desk clerk messes
up the records and says I stayed one night when I didn't?
What? The toilet was broken also and continued to run--
bad to worse experience. Best Western is about the same
cost (down the street) and 100% better!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cls265UpstateNy
I'm very sorry to hear that you were not able to enjoy your stay with us. I want to let you know that recently we have made some changes in our housekeeping policies and we are doing everything we can to ensure that our guest don't run into any problems during their stay. I would like to encourage you to read our recent reviews on hotels.com or expedia.com to see that we have better reviews than best westren down the street from us. I hope you give us another chance in the future to earn your business back. Thanks.

Roseville, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Pro - Pet friendly for free, Kinda cheap if you have a coupon and if they accept it. Cons- smelly room, hard full size beds, no fridge no microwave, door hard to open an close, breakfast was bages, toast, little mini muffins, and two blah cerals, orange jucie tasted horriable

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gary A
Thanks very much for leaving us a reviews for your stay. We will definitely try our level best to make sure rooms don't have any particular smell. I would like to make you aware that our deluxe rooms have a mini fridge-micro available but they are not the same price as our basic rooms. Thanks again and hope to see you soon.

Halifax, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed one night May 2013. Should have checked out that evening. Check in was not friendly. Went to room and noticed that the box spring looked very old but the mattress was sealed in a clean cover. We were tired from many hours on the road so we stayed. Bathroom had cheap laminate over whatever it was hiding. It was not looking good. the ccarpet was sticky. Climbed into bed and could feel the mattress springs. We left at 6:20 am without touching the minimal breakfast. After a few minutes on the road a black spider fell from my head!!!! About 3 hours later a much larger one fell out of my hair. Needless to say I scratched in horror until I got my next shower!!!
There were many travellers stopping for the night!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Please accept our sincere apology for everything went wrong during your stay. You can read our reviews on hotels.com or expedia.com to see that our check in staff has been very friendly and helpful. Also, we have updated our mattresses in some rooms and we will be replacing some more soon. I hope that you try us again in your future travel needs.

Lusby, Md
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

The room was fairly clean (except the microwave and fridge). Looked like it needed a good wiping down. Our remote was sticky (Don't even want to fathom why). We bought Lysol wipes. The breakfast consisted of mini muffins, cereals, bagels and waffles. We only got muffins to tie us over till we went to breakfast. Other than that we had a pleasant stay. The staff was really friendly and was receptive to our needs. Plenty of ground to walk your dog. Couldn't really hear the traffic. Which was great for me cause I am a light sleeper. Would stay here again. Love that they don't charge extra for your pet.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank daniii8
Very nice to hear that our price is very reasonable and you were able to enjoy your stay with us. Thanks and hope to see you soon.

South Plymouth, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Had a superior king room. Housekeeping extremely poor. Dust, dirt & bordered entire perimeter of room. Mirrors greasy & foggy, window even worse. Could feel every spring in the mattress. Other side of the Inn looked pretty seedy, as if rooms were rented by the hour. The breakfast was done nicely & the inn is quiet at night. First & only Red Roof we've ever been unhappy with. If this was our one & only Red Roof experience, we never would have become repeat customers.

Room Tip: Would not recommend this Red Roof Inn, even for a night