“Second Visit”

Red Roof Inn Winchester
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is a pleasant place for an overnight stay, especially pleased regarding a pet being free.
The continental breakfast includes, toast, bagels, regular waffles, cereal, coffee, tea and juice enough to get you going up the road. The only complaint this trip was the bed was not comfortable, could feel the springs or lumps. I am hoping this was not because we had a pet.
Heater worked great and TV was very good.

Room Tip: Be sure to check the beds for comfort.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank pajoE96

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stopped by this hotel on our way home to Canada from our cruise in Fort Lauderdale. Well This Red Roof, disappointed us alittle. It really needs to be up dated! The carpet and walls need to be refresed and the bathtub could do with also being changed.

They are suppose to have 24 hour coffee in the lobby, my husband at 21:00 when we arrived, went to get a cup of coffee, and it was old and cold. The receptionist did not even offer to make a fresh pot!

Needed a pen, and to my surprise found that they only offered tiny little pencils, its not the price here, its just really cheap!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cleogirl_havingfun
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Was clean....smelled clean upon entering.
pet friendly and safe place to bring dog to go potty
Smoking policy was great. They made me sign a paper that if I smoked in room that was non smoking they could charge my credit card $ 100.00. More places should do that! I would stay again
Very affordable
great easy access from highway

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kathy5836
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Very run down and old. The heater was faulty and would turn off randomly. I had to kill the 4 big bugs in the room myslef. Desperately needing an upgrade. I won't be back and the only reason I stayed was because I was tired and it was late. I would have walked away if travelling with my family.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This place was conveniently located off interstate. They accept pets which is a plus. very rundown hotel. Smells in certain areas. They did have a breakfast which was convenient. Not very clean.. Don't know if I'd stay again..

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Don't waste your time or money on this dump! I'm at a loss to u derstand how anyone could say this place is good. The only positive is that it's cheap. The guy at the front desk had a very heavy accent and was extremely difficult to understand. The firsstroo I was given the key didn't work. The second had a huge spot on the door where the paint had peeled off. The door stuck so badly that I had to force it open and slam it hard to shut it. The room itself was clean but dibgy and smelled. If I hadn't driven 6 hours I would have stayed somewhere else. Don't waste your time or money. This place is a real dump!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The price was good and easy to find off of HWY. I asked for a handicapped room and they put us on the 2nd floor. My room was damp and stinky, drippy faucet, stained sheets. Could not wait to leave. The person at the desk was sarcastic to me when I explained that my fellow traveler was already uncomfortable from the long hours in the car, and he would have to negotiate stairs because there was no elevator...not cool! He told me I should have requested the special orders. When I told him I did, he shrugged his shoulders and said that's all he had. He did not seem concerned or apologetic at all. They won't be seeing me again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family