WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Red Roof Inn Winchester

Red Roof Inn Winchester
Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Dillonvale
“In bad need of updating”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

Have stayed in RR Inns many times and this place takes the prize as the worst ever. The place was seedy looking, even paint peeling off the RR sign, cobwebs everywhere outside, room in bad need of paint, plumbing in need of repair and old CRT TVs. Location was OK, I could only find one copy of USA Today that people were sharing and the breakfast was adequate.for the price.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Donald K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Silver Spring, MD USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2011

New and clean and contemporary furnishings. Cannot beat price in this area. Very happy with my choice

• Stayed October 2011
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

Room was average - we had 2 rooms - found a dirty rag in both rooms. Used a coupon from a travel book to save on the cost. Pleanty of restaurants in the area. Overall a nice value for the price with the coupon. Would suggest visiting the Virginia Farm Market if you have time.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

My husband and I and our 2 dogs have stayed at this Red Roof 3 times. We have found that the rooms may be the fanciest but they are very inviting and the people extra concerned for your comfort. I am amazed that the owner/manager calls our room within 1 hour of checkin to ask if our room is comfy and acceptable and wanting to know if we need anything. To me that makes me feel pretty special. We will stay here EVERY time we are within 50 miles of here..

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
dhruvshah, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Winchester, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Winchester Red Roof.

Judy Thompson
Winchester
Toluca Mex
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

A client of mine did the reservation for me, so I went into advisor and read about the hotel, when I arrived I was prepared for a bad night but it wasn't. I was at the second floor and saw a lot of pets in the rooms of the first floor. PROS location, price, breakfast included, clean linens and very good space in the rooms, CONS: the smell of the room is strange, like a mixture of smoke and humidity ... the internet access is through a cable you have to ask for it at the reception, the bed seams to be an old one (room 260).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Blur_78
South Florida, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

Stayed last week..thank goodness it was only a 1 night stay! We stay at RR Inns a lot and always basic, but clean. Our room was filthy...lots of dead bugs and bug poop on bathroom floor. Bathroom door so warped it wouldn't close. NO WIFI! They hand you a short cable to plug in...if you use an IPad, you know there is no plug in...they are made for wifi. Back to the desk and girl (no name tag or I would report name) just shrugs and says I can sit in the lobby if I want to use wifi. I told her I wouldn't stay at any hotel without wifi....I can choose to stay anywhere. She shrugged and said "talk to the manager tomorrow"....ok, now that really helps! (they do advertise wifi on their website). Bottom line...dirty, bugs, no one cares. Do not stay here! I will be writing to corporate RR Inns but don't expect anything back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

This hotel was discusting. The showers were not cleaned, they still had hair and nobby pins in it. There were visible bed bugs in our bed. I told the manager and he got rude and told me i get your point what do you want. So they know they have them and dont care. The room tempuratue remaind hot all night. DO NOT STAY HERE

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank arowan888
dhruvshah, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Winchester, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. There has been no reports of bed bugs at the Red Roof Inn Winchester VA. The hotel has monthly trainings with the housekeeping staff to further educate them on spotting bed bugs. The pest control company treats all the rooms on regular basis to avoid such problems. The room which you stayed in has already been treated by the pest control comapny to avoid any future occurance.

Judy Thompson.