“Exactly what I expected”
Review of Motel 6 Winchester

Motel 6 Winchester
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Clean amd comfortable. Clean being the most important thing. The room smelled of bleach, and the tile floors were spotless. The bed linens were medium quality and the bed was comfortable enough for a night. Having read the reviews, I did bring my own toiletries. I have nothing negative to say, it is exactly what was promised by this chain. For less than fifty dollars, it far exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed August 9, 2014

This was my first time at a Motel 6 driving back home from my road trip. If you are too tired and need to rest; this is the place. Spacious, quiet, clean room and reasonable rate. No breakfast included. The amenities are not as great as the Super 8 in Hillsville, VA even though the rate are about the same.

Room Tip: Spacious, clean room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Annie K
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Had heard good things about this location for the money. The rate was reasonable and our room seemed clean overall, and most everything seemed to work, if I recall. Four stars on my rating mainly for the price and clean room. I've paid a lot more for a lot worse!

The shower head was low and would be awkward for tall folks.

Our room was near the junction of two wings, so we didn't have the noise of cars driving by. I had asked for a quiet location and this was certainly better than the rooms on the opposite side of our wing (behind us); the guests there were apparently playing their drums or loud music into the evening.

Decent area to walk dogs.

Wasn't thrilled with some of the other guests we encountered during our stay. Would not be surprised to see them still there if I stay again.

Not in the most convenient location for food and such, but there were many food options just a few miles up the road.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed here with my wife and two dogs so we could visit the Drive-In Theater in Stephen's City. The room was large, open, clean, and modern. The price was $45 with my military discount. For $45 we slept in a clean and comfortable room. This suited our needs and exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed here for one night as a stopover on a long trip. The room was very clean and we were glad to have 24 hour availability to coffee in the lobby. The only downside, and it was NOT a problem with the hotel itself, was that the guest(s) in the room next to us had a HUGE dog that stayed in the window barking at anyone and everyone who pulled into the parking lot or walked by the room. (Probably should have put this particular guest in a room away from foot traffic)

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I usually stop here overnight on my way from North Carolina to New York because I travel with my golden retriever and they accept pets. I don't expect that much from a Motel 6 (at a great price), but I can't tolerate filthiness at any cost. The first room I was assigned was full of houseflies (hundreds of them) and smelled like an old ashtray. I asked to be moved and was put into a different room that was so dirty I couldn't believe it. There were cigarette burn holes on the bedspread and pillows. The bathroom was disgusting. If I hadn't been so exhausted I would have tried to find another spot, but with the dog that isn't easy at the last minute. I have stayed here many times before and got exactly what I expected: an inexpensive room with no frills, but clean. Not this time! Never again.

Room Tip: If you do stay here, insist on a room in the main building. The outer building is apparently assign...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Jeannie1717
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Although this room was very large, there were several items of interest. The carpet in the room was ragged at the thresholds, and was worn throughout. The fridge was in the wrong position and I had to move to where it belonged. The TV could have definitely been bigger/nicer since it was probably 1980's model. Also, thought we were going to have to change rooms when we got up in the morning to take shower and there was very nasty/dirty water coming out of nozzle. However, to my happiness the clerk on duty did come over and assist in getting us clean water to shower with. So, all-in-all not bad place if just looking for bed to sleep in. Most important....did NOT find any bed bugs!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family