“Best Cheap Motel Ever”

Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Providence, RI
“Best Cheap Motel Ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I've never stayed in such a nice cheap motel. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The location, while not perfect, was easy to find with my GPS. The room was very clean and seemed recently updated. The furniture looked like it was out of IKEA. The beds were comfortable. Even the towels seemed new. It had hardwood floors, which was weird for a hotel, but nice with the dog. If I ever find myself driving down that way again, I will definitely be staying here - with or without my dog.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank RunawayJimPVD

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New Windsor, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

We booked online and received a discounted price, we arrived at motel 6 at 2am, the gentlemen behind the counter was very polite, respectful and very nice. ( Great to see a smiling face at 2 am) Check -in was quick and easy. We were very surprised of how nice the our room was , hardwood floors, flat screen tv , 2 very comfortable full size beds , self controlled heat or air, refrigerator and microwave. Close to everything, parking lot was well lit and we felt comfortable. The only two problems we seem to have was the shower walls didn't seem to be cleaned very well and the guy at the counter when we checked in said he would leave a note for the morning staff to let us sleep in a little later then check out time but we were awoken at 10am from morning staff saying it was check out time,When I went in to return cards the lady behind the counter was nasty and disrespectful and walked into the back as i was still speaking. But over all great place too stay !!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank taylor2taylor
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I like to try out the moderately priced motels that are ideal for a place to crash for the night when one is interstate traveling. This place was a good find! The place was clean, clean, clean! They had replaced the typical mold and germ ridden motel carpeting with the Pergo-style hardwood floors. This made cleaning them easy and made for a nice, clean floor! There was no breakfast with the room price- in fact no breakfast at all, but there was 24 hour coffee. The pillows were useless (we always bring our own) but otherwise the bed and bedding was quite good. The bathroom had been recently redone with tile floors and other new appointments. The staff were nice and friendly, and the motel was reasonably priced. overall it was an an enjoyable place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank BeachcombersNC
Seymour, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Booked online and got rate $10 less than walk in rate. Check in was quick. Staff didn't seem to know much about the area. The room was HUGE. Love the laminate floors (Carpets get icky). Room was clean. Big note that it's 1-2 miles from the highway and +/- 5 miles from "town".

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank TrudyGinsburg
Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Booked ahead online and got a great rate.

Check in was quick and the staff was friendly and efficient. I had a king room on the first floor. I love being able to park right outside my room. The parking lot was extremely well lit. Being a solo female, I didn't feel uncomfortable at all.

The room was relatively recently renovated. Furniture was sparse and Ikea - ish, but functional. Having a fridge and microwave available meant I was able to prepare myself dinner and breakfast with pre-planning on my part. No breakfast is served or available at the motel - coffee is available in the lobby.

The room was quiet. I was woken up one time by some inconsiderate guests (a family with small children actually) who arrived late and were very loud unloading and getting to their room - the hotel can't control inconsiderate guests like this unfortunately.

The shower was good and hot. No toiletries except soap provided, which I was aware of before arriving. Bed was very comfortable.

Check out was quick and the staff friendly and professional again.

For an overnight stop on a road trip I highly recommend this budget hotel.

ktown

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ktowntravllr
Hudson Valley, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here on the way South to visit family for Thanksgiving. Clean room, very recently updated... all new finishes and fixtures. Quiet room. Pet friendly, with no additional charge, made this not only a good deal, but a great bargain! After the 1st night, we decided to make this our stopover point for our return trip as well.
Only problem was that the hot water was SEVERELY LACKING! By the time you got it to be hot, you had only a couple minutes, literally, to shower before it was getting cold again. This was a problem in both rooms we stayed in.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TJ_G_NY
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

When I checked in and went to my non smoking king room that I reserved online, it reeked of smoke. I went to the front desk and they switched my room without hesitation. They didn't have any king rooms left so I was given a two double bed room. This room didn't smell of smoke so I was happy. The first thing I noticed was the multiple holes in the bedspreads from cigarette burns. I didn't want to be a bother so I didn't go to the office again. The faucet for the sink had water spots on it and there was dirt in the corners of the bathroom. The refrigerator had dust on it all around the microwave. The fridge had been wiped because I could see where the rag swiped across, but it was not cleaned. After being in the room a few minutes, I noticed that the bottoms of our socks were BLACK! What I ended up doing to save our barefeet after taking our nasty socks off was throw the burned bedspreads on the floor. We also threw the towels down in the bathroom so we didn't have to touch the floor at all. I let them know when I checked out. The lady didn't seem too shocked. She did call the lead housekeeper up to look at my photos. The hotel is very convenient to all of the stores I needed though! I expect a clean room at a hotel and I didn't get that.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family