“Thanks!”

Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Huntington, West Virginia
“Thanks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Clean, pet friendly, excellent service. Front desk, housekeeping attentive and friendly. Grounds well kept--late summer and petunias in full bloom--an entire bed of fragrance in front of hotel. Great location, within walking distance of mall and restaurants. Easy to find and convenient to I-81. I have stayed here before and will return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Priya P, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Winchester, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
I am so glad you enjoyed our bed of petunias and knock out roses. Your comments on how well our staff is doing to provide the best customer service are very much appreciated Next time you are passing through please ask to speak with me I would love to say hello. Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
BLACKWATER
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Hotel situated centrally for most of Winchesters attractions. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful at all times. Room was large and the King sized bed very comfortable. Felt the variety of the hot food could have been better. Overall I would use this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you for highlighting our convenient location to most of Winchester's attractions and also for your notes on the breakfast variety, I am headed to a food show to find a few seasonal items to add to our hot breakfast. Once again thank you for posting your review.
Huntsville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

This is a very nice hotel they have done a lot of upgrades modern looking very clean across road are two resturants.they have a very nice breakfast.Their is a pool and gym also laundry room which is handy.would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: we were on second floor no complaints
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate the wonderful comments and the highlights of our hotel. We hope to see you on your next trip through the area.
MOUNT LAUREL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

This was just an overnight stop on our way to start our vacation. The pool came in handy as a nice place to relax after many hours in the car. The water could have been a bit warmer, but the pool area was clean and well maintained. The breakfast "buffet" was great with a nice selection and ample amounts. Good stay for the price.

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

I am glad that you took advantage of the pool during your stay. We do keep it at 85 degrees Fahrenheit and are not allowed to go any higher because of health regulations. We really appreciate the wonderful comments about our hotel. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again.
CHESTER SPRINGS
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

I was referred by another hotel to stay at your hotel. I was told there was 1 room left, I checked into the hotel w/ my young daughter, after 10 PM. We had been driving for 5 hours at this point and were very tired. I was pleased to find that you had a room for me, but when I went to the room, I came off the elevator to find the floor under construction, I got to the room, NO air was on, the room was stagnant, and smelled of dry-wall. The smell permeated everywhere, my daughter was crying she was so tired and begged to stay. I conceded. This was my first experience at your hotel, and I was very disappointed. I can only hope all your hotel guest are not treated this was. Had I been told that the floor was under construction, I would have never gone up. I also woke up with bug bites all over my legs the next morning, not too sure when the room was last cleaned. Very Disappointing stay.

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I apologize that your stay was not what you expected it to be. I realize that I should not have put that room back in order to be rented after your comments. As we try to stay with current decor trends, it is necessary to do renovations. As this was my first time doing renovations, I have taken lots of notes on what to do and what not to do the second time around. Thank you again.
MACEDONIA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I've always had excellent stays at Wingate. It just seems like you get alot for the price. This property was undergoing some remodeling on the 4th floor--and that's where they put us. Had the smell of construction-paint & drywall mud. Good continental breakfast, two restaurants within very easy walking distance.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you for being a loyal Wingate traveler and taking the time to post your comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our breakfast and location. I apologize about the construction, we are renovating to provide better guest rooms.
ROBESONIA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Good hotel. The only problem was that my online registration for a handicapped room did not show up with what the hotel received. They did have a handicapped room that they could give me and I forwarded the email confirmation for a handicapped room to the front desk staff so that the problem could be resolved.

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you for staying with us and taking time to post a review. I am sorry that we did not have your reservation upon arrival but am glad that we were able to get you the accommodations you needed. We truly appreciate the time you spent with us and your time to post a review.