“Comfortable, sparkling clean, and friendly” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Winchester Southeast-Historic Gateway

Holiday Inn Winchester Southeast-Historic Gateway
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
New Haven, Connecticut
“Comfortable, sparkling clean, and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

The hotel: From the lobby with a fire burning in the fireplace, to the quiet hallways, to the attractive bar and dining area everything was very clean and welcoming. The entire place looks and smells very nice. In the morning there are urns of brewed coffee and tea in the lobby which makes it very easy to grab a cup if you're in a hurry. There is an ice-maker on every floor which is convenient.

The room: The room is large and has attractive furniture. It is nicely decorated. The king bed mattress was very comfortable and the bedding was fresh and appeared new. There were plenty of pillows for two people. The room and adjoining bathroom were very clean and smelled fresh. When inside the room we didn't hear the slightest sound from the hall, adjacent rooms, or the outdoors. The bathroom lighting is a little dim and an extra blanket would be nice but other than these two small things the room was great.

The staff: The front desk staff was friendly and check-in was quick. When we requested caffeinated coffee for our room (we got multiple decaf pods only) the staff provided it immediately and with a smile. Check out was also quick and performed by friendly front desk staff.

The location: Convenient to the highway and many stores and restaurants.

The food: The lunch/dinner menu is somewhat limited but since there are so many places to eat nearby this isn't a big issue.

Overall: This is a very nice place to stay and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to friends/family.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank A L
BartlettJ64, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Winchester Southeast-Historic Gateway, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Hello A L,

We are truly humbled by your detailed appreciation of our effort to offer you and all of our guests comfortable, convenient and value services in our hotel. Please know that your positive feedback is very important to us as it validates efficiency of our staff and the quality of accommodation provided to you during your stay. Thank you very much for the opportunity of having your business and for making Holiday Inn Winchester your choice of hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Delaware, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

Booked my hotel via Priceline.com and I am extremely happy with my choice! The hotel was very clean, the staff was courteous and the room was amazing! Free HBO, super comfy bed with pillow choices (yes, pillow choices!) and the room was spotless. My only disappointment was about room-service charges (and that's no reflection on the hotel, that's a company thing) but I was surprised at the $5 charge plus gratuity....as a solo traveler, it wasn't worth it....but in that case, head downstairs and they have a cute little restaurant and bar that seemed to be hopping when I got back from my travels of the day!

IHOP (and it's 24 hours!) is a 5 second drive across the way, Cracker Barrel, gas stations, Walgreens, and the highway are all right there, making it very easy to stop and then jump onto the highway toward that day's adventures! Definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank MKRoxy05
BartlettJ64, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Winchester Southeast-Historic Gateway, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Hello MKRoxy05,

We appreciate your candid comments, I will accelerate your input about the service charge for further evaluation in order to address accordingly. Nevertheless, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and was comfortable in the room assigned to you.

Indeed, we look forward to accommodating you again on your next vacation.
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

This is the only hotel we stay at when visiting family in Winchester. From the friendly front desk clerk to the pleasant waitress in the dining room, everything is first rate everytime. If I had to nitpick, the indoor pool is a tad cool, but that didn't keep my granddaughter and other kids from having a grand time in it.
The beds are some of the most comfortable I've ever experienced and the location is near restaurants, gas stations and other shopping areas. I recommend it highly.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank judyh7
BartlettJ64, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Winchester Southeast-Historic Gateway, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Hello judyh7,

I am humbled by your generous reviews and recommendation for our hotel. Thank you very much for sharing your experience during your recent stay. I will share your review to the team as I am certain that they too, will be very glad to know we have sufficed your expectations and you had a great time with us.

I hope we could have another opportunity to provide you and your family accommodation in the near future.
Westchester County, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Driving through on long trip back to New York Virginia tourism magazine ranked this #1 on trip advisor. It was #3 by the time we arrived but t seemed like a good buy as all the address hotels were the same rate. We were so pleasantly rewarded with a very comfortable, clean room. Great television and channel choices..

We were a bit disappointed in the breakfast for two reasons. We thought it was included as it showed up as a special offer on trip advisor. When we went to the dining room we quickly realized it was an internet offer with a 15.00 higher room rate. The breakfast was OK, not great and for the same price a Cracker Barrel breakfast would have been much preferred. This diminishes the value compared to lower level chains that include breakfast, even though the are limited.

Still very happy with our choice, the beds and pillows were soooooo comfortable.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Smartabano
Hello Smartabano,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience during your recent stay and I appreciate your candid comments about the breakfast selection. I will accelerate your review to management for evaluation. I am certain that they will address this accordingly. Please know that your satisfaction is truly important to us.

I am glad though that you were comfortable in the room assigned to you. I hope you will come visit us again soon.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

It is OK but not great. Not unfriendly. Reasonably clean, it seems that the reviews are a bit over enthusiastic. I expect that the other hotels in town that are a little less expensive are just fine. Location is good, but it is is smaller place, i.e., Winchester VA, so location not too important.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
BartlettJ64, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Winchester Southeast-Historic Gateway, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Hello seve g,

We appreciate your candid review. It help us identify aspects that needs attention and further improvement. Please know that your satisfaction is of utmost important to us. I hope we could have another opportunity to provide your next lodging needs and allow us to offer you better accommodation in the near future.

Thank you for staying with us.
Abingdon, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

I was traveling north on I-81 and knew I would need to stop about Winchester for the evening. I used a discount booking site and found a ridiculous deal for a room. I was skeptical that I would enjoy my stay but I can't begin to tell you how impressed I was! I would gladly stay here again and pay rack rate. The hotel is clean, modern and the staff were incredibly polite and helpful. My sister and I enjoyed a drink in the lounge and hostess was fantastic.

I never would have thought I could have such an enjoyable visit for a short stay road trip, especially considering the ridiculously low price we paid for the room. I will definitely make this my hotel of choice if I travel into the Winchester area again.

Stayed February 2014
BartlettJ64, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Winchester Southeast-Historic Gateway, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Hello newlife276,

Thank you for considering Holiday Inn your choice of hotel when you visit Winchester again. We are glad to have provided your accommodation needs and sufficed your requirements.

We look forward to your next visit in our hotel soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is spacious, clean, friendly, relaxing, quiet, new, modern, convenient, and beautiful. I cannot say enough good things, and I am a picky traveler sometimes. Keep up the good work! I highly recommend.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
BartlettJ64, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Winchester Southeast-Historic Gateway, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Hello petlover,

It is heartwarming that we have met your expectations during your visit in our hotel. Your reviews are valuable to us as it measures our efficiency.

We appreciate your time in sharing your experience with us and generous rating, thank you very much.

Our team looks forward to your next visit in our hotel again soon.