Holiday Inn Winchester Southeast-Historic Gateway
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Stayed overnight recently and was impressed by this hotel. Beautiful lobby, very clean room and the staff was exceptional. Traveling alone, I was very comfortable here. Easy to find off I-81. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to everyone

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Heather P, Manager at Holiday Inn Winchester Southeast-Historic Gateway, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
I am happy to see that you felt comfortable while staying with us! It is our goal to do just that and it's nice to know that our guests, like you, are affirming our efforts for success. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that you will be back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Akron
Reviewed April 28, 2012

This is our second stay at this hotel. The lobby is bright and the check in without a reeservation was easy. The rooms are very affordable. We spent the evening in the lounge watching sports with some locals. It is always a plus when locals wvisit a hotel bar. We will be back when we are in the area again. The room was very quiet.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for coming back to our hotel and taking the time to write about your experience! I am delighted to know that each time has been a pleasant one and that you are interested in staying with us again. It's also wonderful seeing the community try our restaurant and lounge to give our guests a local experience!
Washington DC
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Winchester for an overnight with family. Pleased with the staff, common areas, and rooms. Rooms were spacious, clean, comfortable, and to the standard I expect at the upgraded Holiday Inn properties. We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant and were impressed with the wait-staff and with the food, both the quality and the price.

One negative I must point out: the room temperature was not good. Outside it was only in the 40s, so it should not have been difficult to get the room to stay cool. Even though we turned the air conditioning way down, it cut on and off all night, so it was at one turn comfortable, then cool, then hot. I noticed a sensor above the door, which may explain this. Whatever caused it, it was very frustrating. Had I been there longer than about 14 hours I would have asked for someone to look at it.

In spite of the temperature issue, I recommend and I would return to this property if my travels take me to Winchester again, but I would get the temperature issue sorted out.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Winchester Southeast-Historic Gateway, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear quequedub,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. We are pleased you liked you room accommodations as well as our friendly staff. We are deeply sorry you had problems with the climate control in your room. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Virginia
Reviewed April 24, 2012

The design and newness of this H.I. were quite surprising when I walked into the lobby. Very spacious and upscale looking. Loved the indoor pool - good sized for exercising. We didn't eat in the restaurant but friends did and said it was fine. Room was clean and spacious and this hotel is easy to get to and convenient to attractions. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
I am very happy to know that you like the new look of Holiday Inn! The brand has really made great efforts to stay current and competitive! I will let our staff know to keep up the great job as they work hard to keep the hotel looking fresh and clean. Thank you for your kind remarks and I hope that you can stay with us again!
Maine
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We picked out this hotel through Tripadvisor and were not disappointed. Stayed here just one night on our way north from FL with a planned stop the next morning at the Antietam Battlefield about an hour north of Winchester. Nice room, reasonable rate. After being on the road all day, we opted to eat both dinner and breakfast at the hotel and food was quite acceptable. Would certainly stop here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
It is wonderful to see that your stay met your expectations after reading our reviews, and then you were so kind as to add your own review! The drive up to Antietam is filled with beautiful countryside, mountains, and crossing the Potomac at Harper's Ferry is a sight! We are very fortunate to be surrounded by so many historic battlefields and that you were able to experience one of them!
NB
Reviewed April 22, 2012

This hotel can be very busy but the staff is professional and pleasant - top notch, in other words.. We stayed here two nights in November so we could explore the Luray Caverns and one night in April. The November stay was excellent - room was quiet, clean, comfortable and well appointed. There is a restaurant in the hotel which is ok. Also a Costco and a Cracker Barrel nearby.
April stay - We had a bit of a glitch at check in - reservation was not quite what I wanted but Dee made it right and we enjoyed our stay. Would stay again when in this area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hotel away from the Pike.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your very kind remarks of our hotel and staff! No matter how busy we can get, I am happy to know that guests still feel that individual attention they deserve! I will pass on your wonderful comments to the staff so that they may keep up the great work! We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time!
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I stayed here two nights on business. My room was much larger than I expected and was well kept and very clean (this property is only about 3 years old). My bed was comfortable and there was also a comfortable chair and desk, small refrigerator and microwave and a coffeemaker for single cups. There was a good sized closet with plenty of hangers too. The free Internet connection was fast (unlike the Courtyard I had just left). I found the hotel staff to be friendly and helpful. There is a small restaurant and bar in the hotel. The wait staff were friendly and fairly efficient and the food offerings decent. In particular, they did a great job of getting breakfasts for our large group served quickly. There is a smallish gym and pool which I unfortunately did not have a chance to try. The location is within comfortable walking distance of a number of other restaurants (Texas Steak House, Golden Corral) and stores.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank GeorgeRex
Your pictures of the hotel are excellent and look very professional! Thank you for adding them to TripAdvisor for others to view as they make an excellent addition! I am pleased that we were able to meet your expectations. Your detailed review is very much appreciated, and I hope that we will see you again!