“Appalachian Mountain Magic”

GreenLeadersGold level
Brisbane, Australia
“Appalachian Mountain Magic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Our visit to the Appalachian Mountains and the drive along the Blueridge Parkway were made so much more special by our stay at the beautiful Mountain Song Inn. What a beautiful location, made all them more enjoyable by our wonderful host Chris and her fantastic company and breakfast!!!!. Unfortunately we had only allowed a one night stay in our itinerary - we wished we could have stayed much longer!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ccmoreno, Owner at Mountain Song Inn, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Wish you two lived just a wee bit closer so you could visit on a regular basis, I so enjoyed your company.
Chris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Glen Allen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Mountain Song Inn over a Sept. 2012 VT football weekend. Chris and Andy were very accomodating to our schedule throughout the weekend. Andy greeted us warmly on a late Friday night arrival. With a early kickoff time on Saturday, we unfortunately had to miss one of Chris' gourmet breakfasts, but she graciously made us delicious egg croissant sandwiches and hot coffee for our ride into Blacksburg. We made it back to the Inn in time to enjoy the beautiful sunset from the front deck with a great brick oven pizza from Dogtown Pizza in downtown Floyd. Sunday morning my husband hiked the property, and then we enjoyed Chris's supberb breakfast. The accomocations were outstanding, and the innkeepers were lovely hosts. We will definitely return to Mountain Song Inn!

1 Thank Laura L
ccmoreno, Manager at Mountain Song Inn, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you, we hope to see you in 2013.
cleveland, nc, usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

We really enjoyed our anniversary weekend at Mountain Song Inn. Chris and Andy were the best. They were always helpful with information about local activities and dining. The views of the mountains in the mornings and watching the wildlife in the evenings was so relaxing. The rooms were beautiful and the food was to die for. The scenic drives to the neighboring towns was enjoyable and taking time to walk through some of them was great. Our weekend was AWESOME but most of all I feel the best part of our stay at the Inn was our conversations with Chris and Andy and the way they made us feel at home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ccmoreno, Owner at Mountain Song Inn, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
See you next year. CM
ark va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Cannot say enough about the superb breakast, attention to detail throughout the inn and view of the Virginia mountains. But all the forgoig pales in comparison to Chris and Andy. The perfect hosts, no detail too small, no request too large. They make you feel at home immediately and are fabulous conversationalists. We like to go for long weekends so we are pampered for that extra day. We are already planning a spring visit.

Room Tip: All the rooms are spacious clean and excellently appointed. Especially like the two front rooms as...
1 Thank mack m
Glen Allen, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

From the moment we arrived we felt comfortable, relaxed, and pampered. Our room, the inn, the grounds, and the views were amazing. The breakfast was so delicious. It's hard to put into words how much we enjoyed it. We also appreciated some extras like access to a refrigerator and complimentary sodas, coffee, and snacks. Innkeepers Chris and Andy are two of the nicest people you will ever meet. We so enjoyed spending time with them. The only down side of our visit was having to leave on Sunday!

Clarksville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

We totally enjoyed our stay at Mountain Song Inn. Chris and Andy were very warm and welcoming. The breakfasts were scrumptious and included homemade yogurt, fresh fruit, German apple pancakes, homemade biscuits, banana bread, and more. The rooms were comfortable and very clean. And best of all were the mountain views and total peace and quiet. Also, Chris and Andy were very helpful in providing us with information about things to do in the area -- including nearby hikes off the Blue Ridge Parkway and bluegrass music at the Floyd Country Store. Would definitely return!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I came across this property on the internet when I was looking for places to stay near where the Floyd Yoga Jam was going to take place. Before really looking at all the details of the place, I focused more on the distance. It was the closest place to the festival so I booked it. This was about 4 months ago. The weekend finally came when I was leaving for the Floyd Yoga Jam. I arrived to the Inn and I was taken away by the immediate surrounding beauty. Set on 14 acres, this home has clear views to the mountains around, to majestic sunrises, and a complete serenity that leaves one speechless and at ease. Andy and his wife Chris are the perfect hosts. When I checked in, they made me feel like family; immediately offering a light homemade snack and a refreshing made from scratch lemonade. We all sat in the common area and chatted a bit as we had known each other for years, as I said, like family. I stayed in the Country Cottage room. This room's windows opened to face the mountains and sunrises. Super comfortable bed that was most welcoming after a long day at the yoga jam! Breakfast was amazing. I follow a vegetarian diet, and Chris made a breakfast that suited my diet. She went above and beyond and I admire her creativity and love of cooking and presentation of the dishes, because there were several. If I remember correctly, there were three courses at breakfast. The first morning we started off with fresh fruit with the option of a homemade mint syrup to drizzle over, the second course was homemade peach sorbet with homemade granola sprinkled over, and the third course was homemade blueberry pancakes, with cube seasoned oven potatoes and asparagus. The second morning followed with equally delicious servings along with fresh homemade french bread, buttermilk biscuits and homemade yogurts. They truly outdid themselves and I will always be grateful to them for such warm welcomings. When I left, I felt like I was saying goodbye to family. Andy and Chris and their Mountain Song Inn Bed and Breakfast is a must!! Thank you both so very much and I look forward to staying there again!

Room Tip: There are three rooms available to choose. I stayed in the room with the king size bed that was a l...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willis
Oak Haven Lodge
#1 of 4 in Floyd
Mountain Rose Inn
Mountain Rose Inn
#1 of 1 in Woolwine

Been to Mountain Song Inn? Share your experiences!