“Bike Trails”
Review of Freedom Park

Freedom Park
Ranked #36 of 103 things to do in Williamsburg
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I've only ever used the mountain bike trails, but I love the variety of trails they offer. It's beautiful and offers a variety of length and challenge. I made my husband take me for my birthday I love that park so much.

1  Thank liblym
"woods"
"nature"
"goape"

Reviewed January 8, 2008

Our last field trip while attending the VA Native Plant Society conference was to visit Freedom Park in Williamsburg, VA. We've not been too interested in the typical tourist places of Williamsburg, but this nature walk was very exciting and we learned a lot from the girl who led it.

She grew up in the country learning the names of plants like city people learn the names of streets. Her enthusiasm and love for the outdoors was inspiring.

Having a naturalist guide when you view woods and gardens is a great benefit, but it would've been totally lovely even without her. There was a great variety of plants and although we were there on a weekend, we only saw a couple other people, so it was not crowded.

View entire photo album of Freedom Park Woods and Gardens on this website: