“Excellent lunch”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Courthouse Rd
Description: located in the NewTown area of Williamsburg, VA
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This restaurant was recommended by a business clerk and she was correct-the food was superb. They have a $10 lunch special with a wide variety of choices. Chose the steak and broccoli and was extremely happy. The sauce was perfect. Eating there provided options for my gluten free diet.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (914)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We have been coming to Williamsburg for over 20 years and this year we decided to give Opus 9 a try. The atmosphere was very nice and our server was also very nice. My wife and I both order the steak au poivre for dinner and both our dinners were highly SALTY and they said that it was the probably the sauce. We tasted the sauce without the meat and it was fine. I don’t know what they do in the back but they ruined a very expensive cut of meat. My wife also had the onion rings for a side and she said that they had no flavor. I would not recommend this restaurant base on the value per dollar.

Date of visit: September 2019
HospitalityInc, Director of Sales at Opus 9 Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave your post here on TripAdvisor. We rely on the feedback of our guests to make improvements in our business every day. I am glad to read that you enjoyed the service and atmosphere, but so sorry to hear that you were served a steak too salty for your liking. I am also sorry to hear the onion rings lacked flavor. We have received many fine comments on both the onion rings and this hallmark steak and I apologize that this was not the case for you. I regret that I have only this venue by which to contact you. Please, if it is not too much trouble, might you send me an email with your contact information and mailing address so I can reach out in a more direct and appropriate manner? My email address is opus.jess@yahoo.com I look forward to your reply. Please include the code TA-O-9-26 in your reply so I will know to which post the email refers.
Thank you again for your time and insight.
Jessica Smith
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I always worry if steakhouse will have good 9 steaks elections for me to eat. No worry here. I had the lobster bisque to start which was a bit thick but had a great taste. I moved on to the house salad. It was a salad. But the star of the show where the limbo crab cakes I ate. They were awesome. This was followed up by a chocolate torte. It was rich and definitely a dessert for sharing. Had a bit of a toffee taste to it. when returning to this area of the country, I will definitely take time to visit opus 9

1  Thank Tracy W
Reviewed September 9, 2019

Stopped in for lunch after shopping. Seated immediately in a quiet section. Riley was a delight. Order was taken, bread and fresh HONEY butter was served. The order arrived and was delicious. I had 3 large fish tacos and the melon soup. Since the soup is served cold, I treated it as dessert. The place was busy but not noisy. The manager stopped by all the tables for a quick chat. Nice ambience, pleasant friendly service and GREAT food.

Reviewed September 8, 2019

Our server Matt was excellent and the food was top notch. Though the prices are a little higher than most in the area, the entire "experience" was well worth what we paid. I cannot find anything negative to say, other than I am sad there isn't one where I live!