“Home of some of the best steaks anywhere”
Review of Opus 9 Steakhouse

Opus 9 Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Opus 9 Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 393 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Courthouse Rd
Description: located in the NewTown area of Williamsburg, VA
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We ate at Opus 9 on October 23 and had a spectacular meal. The New York strip is as good as it gets and the bone in filet is wonderful. Highly recommend for people who like to get what they paid for. It's a bargain at around $45 per steak because it rivals the $120 steaks we've had at Craftsteak in Vegas. David was not a good waiter but the waiters that served us in the past were terrific.

1  Thank OCC04
There are newer reviews for Opus 9 Steakhouse

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Opus 9 was a fabulous restaurant to celebrate our wedding anniversary.

We made our reservation through Open Table and were glad that we did as the restaurant was filling up very quickly at 6 PM.
When we arrived we were greeted by a very friendly hostess who quickly had taken us to our very comfortable table.
Our waiter appeared shortly thereafter with some bread and to fill our water glasses. He was also very friendly, knowledgeable and his appearance was professional as was all of the staff.

For appetizers my wife had a Shrimp Martini that could have had a few more shrimp and I had the fried Oysters that were fabulous and plentiful so I was able to share with my wife.

The Filet Mignon was a perfect entrée for my wife and I had the pan seared Snapper special that was excellent.

The wine list is very interesting as it has an ample selection of wines by the glass and a notable bottle list that contains selections in a variety of price ranges. We opted for the Meiomi Pinot Noir which was a perfect pairing for our meal.

Dessert to share and coffee and cappuccino was the perfect finish for our visit.

The service, food and wine was absolutely fantastic and we cannot wait to return for another great experience.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We enjoyed celebrating the 30th Wedding Anniservary of my wife's sister and her husband last night. We went back to Opus 9 and the experiences remains first class! The food is outstanding and they have a very nice and diverse menu. Our server Chiara deserves mention as she was spot on the entire evening.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I have gone to Opus 9 in the past and have enjoyed it. My companion and I went to Opus 9 this past weekend for brunch. The atmosphere was modern, nice and clean , the waitress was punctual, the piano player was talented but the food was slightly overpriced and inadequate. The chef who was at the carving station was a jerk and all they had were scraps of meat at the carving station; there wasn't much protein in the main dish station, and the desserts were not very good. The Chocolate Oreo Bread Pudding was dry and flavorless and the chocolate fondue was flavorless. However, the cocktail was delicious.

1  Thank patriotsgirl58313
Lewis_Inc, Director of Sales at Opus 9 Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you for your post here on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed Opus 9 in the past. I am also glad to hear that our service and ambiance received high marks from you as well. I am very sorry however, if you found the cuisine to be in any way deficient. We receive many fine comments on our brunch buffet, and I am sorry that this was not the case for you. I would also like to apologize most sincerely if our chef at the carving station was anything other than warm, and I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to glean more information about your experience.
If it is not too much trouble, might you send an email with your contact information so I may offer our apologies in a more personal and direct manner? My email is opus.jess@yahoo.com. Please reference code TA-10-16 in your reply so I will know to which review your response refers. Thank you again for your review and I look forward to your reply.
Jessica Smith
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I recently spent the weekend in Williamsburg with 2 other couples. The boys golfed and the girls shopped. One day we were looking for a place to eat lunch and have a drink and came upon Opus 9...it was the best decision we made all weekend! The restaurant is beautiful and seems upscale but the prices were great. We had a wonderful server, Julie which always makes a meal that much better. We got a carafe of red wine to split and it was delicious. The meal was excellent. I definitely would go back!