“Still a winner”
Review of Opus 9 Steakhouse

Opus 9 Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Opus 9 Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 411 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Courthouse Rd
Description: located in the NewTown area of Williamsburg, VA
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We enjoyed celebrating the 30th Wedding Anniservary of my wife's sister and her husband last night. We went back to Opus 9 and the experiences remains first class! The food is outstanding and they have a very nice and diverse menu. Our server Chiara deserves mention as she was spot on the entire evening.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I have gone to Opus 9 in the past and have enjoyed it. My companion and I went to Opus 9 this past weekend for brunch. The atmosphere was modern, nice and clean , the waitress was punctual, the piano player was talented but the food was slightly overpriced and inadequate. The chef who was at the carving station was a jerk and all they had were scraps of meat at the carving station; there wasn't much protein in the main dish station, and the desserts were not very good. The Chocolate Oreo Bread Pudding was dry and flavorless and the chocolate fondue was flavorless. However, the cocktail was delicious.

1  Thank patriotsgirl58313
Lewis_Inc, Director of Sales at Opus 9 Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you for your post here on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed Opus 9 in the past. I am also glad to hear that our service and ambiance received high marks from you as well. I am very sorry however, if you found the cuisine to be in any way deficient. We receive many fine comments on our brunch buffet, and I am sorry that this was not the case for you. I would also like to apologize most sincerely if our chef at the carving station was anything other than warm, and I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to glean more information about your experience.
If it is not too much trouble, might you send an email with your contact information so I may offer our apologies in a more personal and direct manner? My email is opus.jess@yahoo.com. Please reference code TA-10-16 in your reply so I will know to which review your response refers. Thank you again for your review and I look forward to your reply.
Jessica Smith
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I recently spent the weekend in Williamsburg with 2 other couples. The boys golfed and the girls shopped. One day we were looking for a place to eat lunch and have a drink and came upon Opus 9...it was the best decision we made all weekend! The restaurant is beautiful and seems upscale but the prices were great. We had a wonderful server, Julie which always makes a meal that much better. We got a carafe of red wine to split and it was delicious. The meal was excellent. I definitely would go back!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I literally just left opus 9. We were so happy with our experience there. It was our 2 year anniversary. There was a card on our table wishing us a happy anniversary. Our waiter Billy was very gracious and polite. The meal was absolute perfection. I got the steak diane, mmm. My husband got the lump crab cake with not an ounce of filler. My husband didn't have one negative word to say (that never happens.) When we visit Williamsburg again. We will be back. Thank you Opus 9 for and experience we will always remember.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We decided to eat at this upscale restaurant on our most recent trip to Williamburg. It is pricey, although they had a special on a three course meal when we were in town. Reservations are a must at this upscale restaurant. The interior is split into small dinning rooms that although dominated by dark furnishings and draperies conveys intimacy, not stuffiness. The wine list is impressive, and the service was very personal without being invasive. Both my wife and I ordered Steak Diane, but we ordered it prepared differently. Both arrived exactly as we ordered. The steak was expertly presented and very tender. A new favorite for us in Williamsburg.