“Great Steaks & Seafood”
Review of Opus 9 Steakhouse

Opus 9 Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Opus 9 Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 396 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Courthouse Rd
Description: located in the NewTown area of Williamsburg, VA
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is the place to go if your looking for a fine dining experience with good food, outstanding wait staff and great cocktails! Little pricey but it is well worth it.

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I could cut my steak with a fork it was so tender and delicious! Service by Sean was absolutely perfect! Would recommend this place to anyone. Pricey but worth it for the care and attention you recieve.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We were a little leery of this place based on some of the reviews on TA, but since we were going to the movies in the area and hadn't yet had steak on this vacation, decided to try it.

We couldn't have been more pleased. I'm hesitant to say this was the best steak I have ever had (and I've been to several top-line steakhouses in much bigger communities), but I can't think of a better steak anywhere, anytime.

I had the signature bone-in rib eye and my wife ordered steak diane. Both were superb. My rib eye was nicely marbled but not too fatty, just tender enough, and well seasoned with nothing more than butter and salt and pepper. It was cooked exactly as I had requested--medium rare--and the accompanying baked sweet potato was also perfect.

We began with an extremely tasty and very rich onion soup but were too full for dessert.

My wife had a side order of very good asparagus with hollandaise sauce.

The only personal quibble I would have is with the honey-butter that accompanied the very good bread. I would have preferred regular butter. The sweetening was unnecessary.

The wine list was very nice with a wide range. I had a glass of a very nice old vine zinfandel that was freshly poured out of a new bottle and the portion was very nice.

Service was impeccable and, while the meal was expensive, it was more reasonable than a comparable meal in Washington or New York.

The meal was made even better with a ten-percent discount coupon in the Colonial magazine that is available at all of the concierge stands.

If in Williamsburg, get thee to this steak house.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Know for their steaks, sizes are huge,and the prices match. 16 oz steak for $40+. I did have their 4 course prime rib special for $35 which was the only reasonable thing I saw. If you're anxious to spend money, you're at the right place. I just don't equivocate a high price with a good value for your money. I don't mind paying a reasonable price for good food and good service, but I don't like to feel I'm being taken advantage of by the establishment. I stayed because it was a business dinner chosen by someone else,and they paid, but I wouldn't return on my own. We went to the Whaling Company again the next night,and enjoyed as good a meal at less than 1/2 the price here.

1  Thank kingfather
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was a very fine dining experience. The food was exceptional and at a decent price. My crabcakes were delicious and were loaded with just crab and deliciousness--not bread fillers. My husband's New York strip steak was flavorful and cooked to perfection. The seafood bisque was some of the finest I've ever had the the flourless chocolate torte with raspberry sauce was the perfect finish to an extraordinary meal. Our server, Steven K., was exceptional. He was polite, knowledgeable, accommodating, and on top of our needs. We will definitely be back!