“Everything was perfect about this experience!”
Review of Opus 9 Steakhouse

Opus 9 Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Opus 9 Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 393 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Courthouse Rd
Description: located in the NewTown area of Williamsburg, VA
Eagle, Idaho, United States
“Everything was perfect about this experience!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was a very fine dining experience. The food was exceptional and at a decent price. My crabcakes were delicious and were loaded with just crab and deliciousness--not bread fillers. My husband's New York strip steak was flavorful and cooked to perfection. The seafood bisque was some of the finest I've ever had the the flourless chocolate torte with raspberry sauce was the perfect finish to an extraordinary meal. Our server, Steven K., was exceptional. He was polite, knowledgeable, accommodating, and on top of our needs. We will definitely be back!

Greenwood, South Carolina
“The Definition of Pretentious”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I frequent the great steak houses like Morton's and Ruth's Chris. This is not anything like them. They would like to be, and think they are. This was the most pretentious outfit I have come across in years, and I'm not sure why. The food was average at best, and the service only acceptable. Prices are very high. The worst part is that they aren't sure if they want to be a restaurant, or a bar for young professionals... loud, drunken, young professionals. The bar seen was like a scene from "Animal House" and the management did not care. After all, liquor is the real money maker I guess. We will not be back. I suggest you skip it, unless you are looking to "hook up" for the night.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Stephen D
Lewis_Inc, General Manager at Opus 9 Steakhouse, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for the review Sir, but we would like our Trip Advisor readers know that you are mistaken about some things. First of all the title of your review (The Definition of Pretentious) isn't quite accurate. Let’s let Merriam Webster help –making usually unjustified or excessive claims (as of value or standing) ie: the pretentious fraud who assumes a love of culture that is alien to him. That definition seems to describe your review more accurately than how we market or run our restaurant. I do enjoy your attempt at irony by using an avatar of a staged photograph of a pretentious looking gentleman holding glasses and wearing a paisley tie beside a pretentiously written review. Very funny, kudos to you sir! We do have to disagree with your definition of what constitutes a great steak house. Although very good, Morton's and Ruth's would find few unpretentious types to place them on the level of 'great' steakhouses. (See Bern's or Lugar's for great.) You are correct when you say we are nothing like Morton’s or Ruth’s Chris. We have never pretended to be anything other than what we are, our business model is our own. It is a bit unfair and assuming to characterize our thoughts on what we hope to be.
We are sorry you felt the food was average at best (we use a higher quality product and tighter specifications for our beef than Ruth's or Morton's, so perhaps your palate wasn't familiar). Were you to poll our regular guests, you would find we do indeed care deeply about our guests’ experience, and go to great lengths to make them happy. Our bar can get loud, and we are sensitive to that. Had you taken the time to alert management while at the restaurant we would have happily moved you to a quieter spot. We know our bar regulars well and can tell you they are mostly husbands & wives; hardly the hook-up demographic of which you write. Williamsburg, sadly, doesn't have many young professionals. The comparison to Animal House is a bit of an exaggeration don't you think? We've yet to encounter the 'human pimple' in our bar. You're also incorrect when stating that liquor is the real money maker in a restaurant like ours (in the scheme of things it constitutes a very small percentage of our total revenues). We find that most of our revenue is generated by our wonderful regular guests who visit us on a weekly basis to enjoy a meal in the dining room.
Stephen Smith
Opus 9 Steakhouse
Greensboro
“OK, not outstanding....”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The meal and service was very good, however, when choosing a local place, versus a chain, I am looking for a "WOW" factor. I am not sure the experience was any better than an Outback Steakhouse meal. I don't think choosing Opus 9 is a decision one will regret, however, I am not sure the experience will be remembered as a "highlight".

1 Thank tjbss
Brigantine, New Jersey
“What a place.”
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

where do I begin? waiters had fancy business cards and a place it on the table on a fancy display. great rolls and honey butter. I had a peppercorn steak to die for and a filet mignon that melt in your mouth. what is area this is a brand new area with high end stores and homes had a brand new movie theater must ask for server simone. this place is not commercial like Ruth Chris add flemmons and mortons. I wish I had this place near may I will be there at least once a month

• Visited March 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Fabulous steaks”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We celebrated my husband's birthday here last night. Our party of 5 was seated in a quiet, private area near the entrance. The service was great and our filets were delicious. Would highly recommend this restaurant.

1 Thank adenny_wfu

Been to Opus 9 Steakhouse? Share your experiences!