“Not good food”
Review of Opus 9 Steakhouse

Opus 9 Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Opus 9 Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 394 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Description: located in the NewTown area of Williamsburg, VA
New York City, New York
“Not good food”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Restaurant has many food awards but our steaks were not good. We had ribeye steaks that were not flavorful and tough. Probably one of the worst steaks I have ever had. Onion rings good, salad ok, dessert ok.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Rosemary G
Lewis_Inc, Director of Sales at Opus 9 Steakhouse, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for your post here on Trip Advisor. I am so very sorry that you found your rib-eye to be anything other than delightful. We receive many fine comments on this particular steak; and I apologize that this was not the case for you. I do hope that you let us know of any issue when you dined with us, as we would have happily replaced any offending items immediately to ensure you were happy with your experience at Opus 9. We never wish for a guest to leave feeling the way this review indicates. I am sorry I have only this venue by which to contact you. Please, if it is not too much trouble, might you send an email with your contact information so I may offer our apologies in a more direct and appropriate manner? My email address is opus.jess@yahoo.com
Please reference code TA-3-19 in your reply so I will know to which post the email refers. I look forward to your reply, and to the opportunity of exceeding your expectations.
Jessica Smith
Director of Sales & Marketing

Lakeland, Georgia
“Outstanding Brunch”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were looking for a nice place to take our visiting relatives for brunch and searched on line. Very pleased with the experience. A bit crowded in regards to how close the tables are to each other but the service and quality of food were outstanding. A bit pricey but not overly considering the overall experience.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank WATIII
Williamsburg
“Good food, but overly crowded at times.”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I enjoy Opus 9 for lunch meetings. The food is great, and it is right in the middle of town. The last few times I have visited, the restaurant has been very crowded (a good problem for the restaurant, i know) to the point of wait staff unable to get past chairs and bumping into them. Very tight quarters which can make it difficult to conduct business. Food is wonderful and the wait staff are incredibly polite and apologetic about bumping, and try to accommodate all of their guests.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank JreidWilliamsburg
Alexandria, Virginia
“Superb Dining Experience”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My wife and I recently dined at Opus 9 at the suggestion of a local innkeeper. It proved to be a suggestion for which we were very grateful.

Since we were visiting from outside the area, we opted for the steakhouse's Restaurant Month menu. This enabled us to sample a variety of offerings, including soup, salad, filet mignon, seared scallops, roast pork, garlic mashers, cornbread stuffing, sauteed vegetables, and bourbon pecan pie. Everything about the meal was superb. The filet mignon was one of the best steaks I ever enjoyed. The ambience was very pleasing and the service was impeccable.

I'm sure there are many superior eateries in greater Williamsburg. However, I highly recommend Opus 9 to locals and visitors alike.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank YankeePeddler1978
Yorktown, Virginia
“Excellent”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Had a great steak with garlic mashers and grilled vegetables at Opus 9. Very pleasant atmosphere and impeccable service. Meal was well paced with pleasant jazz classics in the background. Really good place to dine, especially for a special occasion.

• Visited February 2013