“Great Mexican food at terrific prices!”
Review of Taco Mexicali

Taco Mexicali
Ranked #118 of 396 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Taco Mexicali has terrific food. They offer a fixings bar where you can help yourself to more "stuff", but they start you right out with hot, fresh chips and dip, and their margaritas are a steal at $2.50 during "happy hour"....from 4-9 pm! We go often on Mondays for their half price fajita special, but my spouse loves the chili rejenios (sp?) and I love their quesadillas!

Reviewed August 11, 2012

My wife and I, with our three daughters chose this place for our first dinner after arriving in Williamsburg for our vacation week; largely due to the favorable reviews here. Our drink order and appetizers were served promptly. Our entrees, however, were brought out one or two at a time, 10 or more minutes apart; and they forgot our one daughter's entree altogether. We had to call them over to the table to point out that she had no food in front of her! My wife and I each ordered shrimp dishes. The flavor was bland and the shrimp were badly over cooked. When the bill came they charged us the full amount, without even offering a discount for the forgotten meal that was finally served after the rest of had finished. Will go to South of the Border from now on.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Stopped in on a Friday at 4pm. Tecate was the special for $2 each. I had Chili Relleno and 2 veggie tacos. Service was fast and the food was great, see my pictures. I ate half the food and took the rest back to my hotel to munch on later About 15 minutes from the resorts in the Williamsburg area depending on where you are staying, worth the drive.

4  Thank robvia
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Best Mexican food in Williamsburg. We've lived here for almost 9 years now and have tried them all. The service is always right on, and the food is consistantly good. I'd tell you what you should try... but I cant just pick one item on the menu. Fresh ingredients, everything is always hot, cooked well, and the portions are plentiful; I usually leave with doggie bag.The atmosphere is just as pleasant as the staff. Have a nice dinner out, leave with a full belly, happy, and it wont break your wallet either. I dont drink, but my Mom had two Margaritas and she said they are delicious. You really need to try Taco Mexicali if you visit Williamsburg.

3  Thank HunniD
Reviewed April 28, 2012

A free salsa buffet before your meal, including roasted jalapena peppers sets the stage for very good mexican cuisine. The chicken with chorizo was great as was the chicken quesadilla. Prices are great too; they won't break your wallet.

2  Thank Evan P