“Beautifully decorated rooms, easy driving distance to old Williamsburg.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast

Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 23 Williamsburg B&B and Inns
oregon
“Beautifully decorated rooms, easy driving distance to old Williamsburg.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2011

Everything was lovely, great rooms, wonderful service. Only one thing we would change...the breakfast, though delicious, was served cool-ish, not piping hot.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
kittn1, innkeeper at Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, February 8, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind review. It was a pleasure to meet you and your sisters, we are so happy you had a nice time. I am sorry to hear your breakfast was not "piping hot" We do try to keep breakfast hot for our guest with out making it to dry when folks are late for breakfast. I will make sure to check our methods to see if there is something we can do to fix this. Hope to see you ladies again
Karen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2011

We stayed for 2 nights in the Primrose suite. Overall we had a great experience! The only thing that would have been a nice bonus would have been a tub in the bathroom (the shower was quite small). They have four different rooms and the Primrose has the smallest of the bathrooms. The breakfast is out of this world! Karen is an amazing cook and will not disappoint! On a side note, we accidentally left an expensive item of jewelry in our room and did not realize it for several days. We called Karen and she happily checked over each nook and cranny in our room and found them. We were so thankful that she is such an honest person. On another side note, the bath robes are Wonderful!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank weloveevie
kittn1, Innkeeper at Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, February 8, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind review. it was so nice to meet you folks. You can not imagine how much it made me feel good that I was able to send those diamond earrings to you. I had an irreplaceable piece of jewelry stolen while on vacation a few months ago, I know the heartache. Hope to see you both again.
Tanzania, East Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2011

We stayed at Colonial B&B as a family to celebrate our parent's 50th wedding anniversary. Because we took over all 4 rooms, we felt so at home. Karen cared for us in every way, yet we felt a lot of privacy. It was almost as if we were all together just in our own home.
A very valuable item of mine was lost during our stay. However the item was found and returned to me, although a month had gone by before finding it! I appreciated that Karen still valued us although we had long gone.
We felt like we were Karen's private guests, not just customers. Thank you Karen!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
kittn1, Innkeeper at Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, January 30, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind review! I was so glad we were able to find it and send it to you. I know first hand how heartbreaking it can be to lose something you value so. It made me feel so much better being able to do that for you. Enjoy your travels!
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2011

My husband and I recently celebrated our anniversary with a trip to Williamsburg, VA. We stayed for 2 nights at Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast based on the reviews. Thanks to Karen, we had the wonderful stay ever! Karen assisted us with directions, info on things to do, and even made our dinner reservations!!! This B&B is beautiful, quiet, relaxing and boosting in hospitality--an important factor often undermined!! Breakfast was absolutely delicious, healthy and completely filling!! The rooms are very spacious and elegantly decorated. This isn't your typical B&B--it's way better!! And perfectly situated just a couple minutes from Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Yorktown! We recommend this B&B to everyone and plan on returning again in the coming months!! -- Thanks, Todd and Aivelis

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind review! It is not hard to be good at hospitality when you have such great guests like we do. I often say it is because of our guests that we can do what we do so well....WE LIKE THEM! Please come see us again.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2011

Recently stayed 2 nights here with my wife over the New Years break. The house itself is very nice and situated on a very pretty piece of land just a 2 minutes drive or so from Williamsburg. Karen and Ron were extremely friendly and were willing and able to help with any question or request we had. Karen cooks an amazing breakfast every morning and will sit down to talk with the guests once everyone is finished eating. I HIGHLY recommend staying here if you plan on visiting Williamsburg any time soon!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind review! That was a great weekend, Ron and I always enjoy making sure our guest are well taken care of. We hope to see you two again in the near future.
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2010

The atmosphere was so very comfortable. It felt like I was at a favorite relative's home. Karen was not only a gracious hostess but a great cook and conversationalist. I was blessed to have met some really nice people there at breakfast. I must say the times at breakfast was a very favorite part for me. You can see that Karen has a gift and a love of caring for people. I stayed in the Primrose. It was perfect for my much needed getaway.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
kittn1, Innkeeper at Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, January 3, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind review, I can honestly say we very much enjoyed your company as well as the other guests did. The great conversations at breakfast in the mornings are one of the things I so look forward to every day, almost as much as cooking! Hope to see you again soon.
Rockbridge, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2010

This B&B is absolutely amazing! Tthe home cooked breakfast was wonderful and the
hospitality was amazing. We had our wedding here and it far exceeded our expectations. The innkeeper was also very welcoming and accomadating. We will definetly be back!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
kittn1, Innkeeper at Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 7, 2010
Thank you so much for your kind review. It was a pleasure to have you and your family here. I think I had as much fun as you did. I am so glad you enjoyed everything, we sure hope you come back and see us again. Best of luck to both of you... Take care of each other!