“New Year in Williamsburg”

Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 21 Williamsburg B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“New Year in Williamsburg”
Reviewed January 4, 2011

Recently stayed 2 nights here with my wife over the New Years break. The house itself is very nice and situated on a very pretty piece of land just a 2 minutes drive or so from Williamsburg. Karen and Ron were extremely friendly and were willing and able to help with any question or request we had. Karen cooks an amazing breakfast every morning and will sit down to talk with the guests once everyone is finished eating. I HIGHLY recommend staying here if you plan on visiting Williamsburg any time soon!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
kittn1, Innkeeper at Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, January 30, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind review! That was a great weekend, Ron and I always enjoy making sure our guest are well taken care of. We hope to see you two again in the near future.
Karen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed December 31, 2010

The atmosphere was so very comfortable. It felt like I was at a favorite relative's home. Karen was not only a gracious hostess but a great cook and conversationalist. I was blessed to have met some really nice people there at breakfast. I must say the times at breakfast was a very favorite part for me. You can see that Karen has a gift and a love of caring for people. I stayed in the Primrose. It was perfect for my much needed getaway.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
kittn1, Innkeeper at Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, January 3, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind review, I can honestly say we very much enjoyed your company as well as the other guests did. The great conversations at breakfast in the mornings are one of the things I so look forward to every day, almost as much as cooking! Hope to see you again soon.
Rockbridge, Ohio
Reviewed October 6, 2010

This B&B is absolutely amazing! Tthe home cooked breakfast was wonderful and the
hospitality was amazing. We had our wedding here and it far exceeded our expectations. The innkeeper was also very welcoming and accomadating. We will definetly be back!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
kittn1, Innkeeper at Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 7, 2010
Thank you so much for your kind review. It was a pleasure to have you and your family here. I think I had as much fun as you did. I am so glad you enjoyed everything, we sure hope you come back and see us again. Best of luck to both of you... Take care of each other!
Spotsylvania, Virginia
Reviewed August 16, 2010

My husband and I recently spent three nights at Colonial Gardens in Williamsburg, Virginia. What a GREAT experience!! Karen is such a joy to chat with and truly enjoys making her guests feel special. The B&B is beautiful, comfortable, located terrifically to all the local sites, and even smells relaxing! Karen made special vegan breakfasts for us (my husband just can't stop talking about the wonderful Banana Nut Pancakes) that were even better than we've found in some restaurants that cater to us. What a natural! Even with all off the inn options in Williamsburg there is no need for us to ever look farther! We cannot wait to visit again!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank protectanimals7
kittn1, Innkeeper at Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 17, 2010
Thank you so much for your kind review. I really enjoyed having both of you here. I actually enjoyed the challenge to create vegan breakfast that you would love. I am so glad you did. Take care of each other and stop by and see us again sometime.
Reviewed August 12, 2010

My wife and I got married there june 19, 2010. We had my brother's wedding the week before and didn't have much time to get everything done for our wedding. Karen took care of everything for us. She gave us suggestions, which we followed . We had a beautiful wedding and would highly recommend it if your getting married any time soon. There is no better value in south eastern virginia.

• Stayed August 2010
Thank you so much for your kind review. I was so happy to help you both plan and enjoy your special day. We love having weddings here and we certainly hope we helped to make your start in life together much easier. Make sure to come back for an anniversary! Karen
Gavilan Hills, CA
Reviewed July 11, 2010

We came here on the final leg of our honeymoon, and had a wonderful and very relaxing stay. The home and grounds are beautiful! We stayed in the Rhododendron room and found that it was even more beautiful (if that could be possible) than the pictures! And very romantic :) Karen is a very sweet lady and an awesome hostess, we loved going down to breakfast every morning and chatting with her and the other guests. We will definitely stay here again if we're ever back in the area. We would definitely recommend this B&B!
~Steven and Charlotte Baber

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
kittn1, Innkeeper at Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 12, 2010
Thank you so much for your kind review! We found you and your bride to be equally charming. Best of luck to both of you on your journey though marriage! Oh, and we hope to see you back here for your 25th wedding anniversary... Karen
Virginia Beach
Reviewed July 11, 2010

WONDERFUL!! From the moment we walked in the door, we felt at home. Karen is such a warm hearted person and it all really comes through in the rooms, food, service and atmosphere of Colonial Gardens. Don't miss the opportunity to stay at the best Bed and Breakfast we've ever had the pleasure to stay at.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind review! We are so glad you found our B&B to be just what you needed for recharging both your self and your relationship! We hope you make it back here again... Karen