“Great Hotel”

Ranked #42 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg
Cairo, Egypt.
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed July 31, 2008

The Hotel is really Great, I don't know where are those bad reviews coming from ?! They have the best Breakfast in town, rooms were great , spacious and very comfortable .
I really had some very good time at this Hotel.

• Liked — Rooms, The Food.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
New Bern
Reviewed July 23, 2008

I read a lot of bad reviews about the Patrick Henry Inn, Williamsburg. But we were on a budget and it was the best choice for our family, so we went. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were adequately clean. The place is very old and run down, but it wasn't a bad deal. The location was great. We could walk right to the historic Williamsburg park. They were very dog friendly, the breakfast was acceptable (I never eat those eggs served at camps or hotels that come from a big milk carton, but we found enough to eat). I guess it all depends on your attitude and needs. We weren't traveling to enjoy a hotel. We just wanted someplace comfortable to crash so we could check out Williamsburg. The Patrick Henry Inn was affordable and comfortable for us. Best Points: location and price. Low Point: run down and old.

• Liked — Clean rooms, comfortable.
  • Disliked — bathrooms were old, old looking all around
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
new jersey
Reviewed July 21, 2008

I recently just came back from a week vacation where i stayed at the Patrick Henry Inn. I went in with a negative attitude because of previous reviews, but the place was not bad. You get what you pay for.

There were however minor construction jobs being done, none that caused an inconvience. The free breakfast was nothing to rave about...maybe try bringing your own. Other than that, the rooms were clean, bathroom clean, courteous staff, great air conditioning, and great location......only a five minute walk into Historic Williamsburg. Fine place to be!

Be careful about the guided tour of bluegreen resorts. They will try to offer you tickets to williamsburg and busch gardens if you go to the hour session and if you already have the tickets they will try to give you a $75 visa gift card.

• Liked — location and air conditioning
  • Disliked — breakfast, strong lemon scent in halls and elevator
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
New York
Reviewed July 11, 2008

I stayed here for two nights in July '08 with my girlfriend. She's in her late 20's and I'm in my mid 30's. We travel a lot and usually stay at fairly nice and modern hotels.

This hotel's elevators, furniture, carpet, bedding and bathroom are old and require updating. The walls are thin and do not offer much sound proofing.

The hotel is in an excellent location and provides a basic roof over your head at a reasonable price. It's rooms are clean. Its staff was courteous and professional.. It's certainly nothing fancy though. All in all, it's not a bad deal for the price ($88 total on Hotwire). But, having said that, I'd rather pay an extra $15-$30 and stay at a Hampton Inn or somewhere similiar.

• Liked — It's proximity to historical sites.
  • Disliked — It's dated accomodations.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
West Virginia
Reviewed July 10, 2008

We checked into the Patrick Henry Inn on July 4th for 2 nights. While on the elevator to our room, my fiance noticed a roach trap above the grid ceiling in the elevator. While walking down the corridor to our room on the fourth floor, we found a roach on the ceiling right above the door to our room!! It was a big one! We took photos (see the photo that I have attached) and video of the roach crawling around on the ceiling and I called priceline and ended up getting refunded. When we were closing the door to our room to leave, a cloud of dust came out from the drywall as the door closed. Another thing to mention about this hotel is that while we didn't sleep in them, we noted that the beds are very small...I don't even know if my fiance and I would have slept in the same bed at this hotel!! There is also evidence of water infiltration on the fourth floor ceiling where the roach was seen!

I hope this helps some people!! After checking out of the Patrick Henry Inn, we had to drive all the way to Richmond for a hotel since the fourth of July is the busiest weekend in Williamsburg!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Roaches, evidence of water infiltration, small beds, what seemed to be rotted drywall, etc...
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NikkiWestVirginia
PA
Reviewed July 8, 2008

Ok first thing you need to know: the actual inn itself from what I heard and saw is a dump, but there is hope. Building no. 2 (bluegreen) is nice. That is where I stayed. But since it just opened there was(or still is) a few problems: 1) there was/is sediment in the water i didnt notice that when i first drank but i noticed that it made my throat hurt and had a funny taste. 2) some of the tv equiptment was not hooked up well and my dad had to fix it because there was fuzzy noise when we tried to watch a dvd. 3) not the best concierge. 4) the plates where too big for the dishwasher. 5) dont plan on bringing a bathing suite because the pool looked junky and the pool chairs were falling apart soo tan at home. Aside from those facts: 1) great location. 2) nice air system. 3) one queen sized bed 4) one full or twin sized bed. 5) one couch bed( but it wasn't that comfy so lucky we had blowup air matresses. If you are going there the also have a great view of a farm type thing with horses that will come up to the gate. Have fun!! And if may sugest a movie to rent for that atmosphere wold be RV. Bye!

• Liked — air conditioning
  • Disliked — no wi-fi
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
New Hampshire
Reviewed June 29, 2008

I also do not understand these bad reviews. After booking the hotel from hotwire.com I went and looked at reviews and became very nervous about my upcoming stay.
Upon arrival the staff was friendly and the lobby was nice. The room was average and clean it could use new wallpaper but did not notice dust and dirt everywhere like mentioned by others. While the shower head was short it was certainly do able.
The breakfast was good. It said a continental breakfast but several mornings there were eggs or waffles or french toast or sausage available along with toast, muffins, cereal, juices, and coffee.
Yes there was construction but no noise was heard until atleast 9 or 10 am. The main area of construction was shutdown from guests so unless you wandered near it you may not have know they were doing work.
The hotel is a good deal for the money that was paid, we were not expecting a Hilton.

• Liked — The location
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple