“room was lovely and so was staff”
Review of Patrick Henry Inn

Patrick Henry Inn
Ranked #45 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We are timeshare owners and this is a Bluegreen property so we were fortunate to have found some time available there this summer. I booked several days using our timeshare "points" and a few extra with "bonus time". The points reservation was in a 2 bedroom/2 bath suite (room 1213, 2nd floor by elevator), the room was super clean, the master bath was quite beautiful and a departure from the usual tub style I've found at other Bluegreen properties (considering it was a stand up shower only but included beautiful tile and a built in tiled "seat"). The room we stayed in using "bonus time" was what they considered a 1 bedroom suite with a study (room 1121, 1st floor). Well, honestly it was really like a 2 bedroom since the layout and amount of space was exactly the same as the 2 bedroom, only difference was the "study" had a pull out couch, but my sister slept on it and had no complaints, it seemed comfortable to me as well. If I were to do it over, I'd have reserved the 1 bedroom w/ study instead of the 2 bedroom and saved myself the extra points! Regardless, I am happy to report both rooms were clean and nicely accommodated. Even in the 2nd room when I noticed we didn't have a wine bottle opener (as we did in the first), I called the front desk (at 11PM) and they had one over to us within 5 minutes. The staff was really wonderful, went out of their way to be helpful....I should also mention they have a free breakfast every day- muffins, bagels, fruit, coffee etc. and the muffins were actually delicious! They also had fun activities for kids every day, even though we didn't take advantage of them since we were so busy with Busch Gardens and Colonial Williamsburg. I noticed they offered "daycare" basically for any children that are potty trained, if you are comfortable w/ it, they allow up to 2 hours to leave your kids there doing activities (good thing for anyone wanting to squeeze in some quick historical activities that generally bore small children!). All in all a great stay and I would certainly come here again, even if I wasn't a Bluegreen timeshare owner!

2  Thank ziggychik

Reviewed August 20, 2011

The day we went , 11th Aug they were having repairs done around the elevator and it looked a sorry state. It was great that it was close to the main attractions and within walking distance. However, my son griped about not having Internet connectivity which actually wasn't a bad thing. I mean practically every hotel has wi-fi so we were genuinely surprised. No apologies from staff, in fact they looked resigned to having to explain that internet access was available at one or two stations around the hotel.

2  Thank lucypost
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Rooms are clean but needs updating. TV's are probably 15 years old. Breakfast is limited to bagels and danish, a basket of apples. No cereal or anything hot. The only place where WiFi is available is in the lobby and the guest has to pay. Otherwise the business center is available. Convenient to historic area and a short 10 minute drive to Water Country and Busch Gardens.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank BusdriverPhil
Reviewed August 10, 2011

All the reviews here are right – it’s all about the location. This hotel is right next to Colonial Williamsburg, which makes it great to easily walk down to the main street without any issues with parking a car. It’s an older hotel that could have used some maintenance and caring love to fix up a couple things, but other than that, it’s a good hotel for the money and location wise. It’s a good enough hotel anyways for being old, and the rooms are pretty good. Like I said, it was obvious that there were small things that have been neglected, but it was definitely a good night’s stay. One misleading thing about it is that it says wireless internet in the AAA book we got, but it turns out that: there are three computers that you can get slow internet for free, you can go down to the lobby and pay for wireless internet, but there is no wireless, paid or free, in any of the rooms because of how old the building was. Other than that drawback, they are very informative when it comes to the area and their continental breakfast has lots of options, especially for not having any hot foods.

1  Thank dmurray713
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This little inn is the perfect spot. Right down the road from Busch Gardens. In walking distance from historic Williamsburg and on a road that is not overly crowded. The Inn itself not only has a very nice staff working the desk at check in, they also have a local contact that gives coupons and recommendations of local eateries and attractions. The building is old but the rooms are renovated and well kept. The pool is AMAZING. If you're like me, the only time you're in the hotel is to sleep. This is the perfect place. It's quite at night. The complementary breakfast has a vast variety of homemade pastries, muffins, as well as, fresh fruit and coffee 24 hours a day. Great place. I will always stay at this inn on all my visits to Williamsburg!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ncchick49049
Reviewed July 28, 2011

stayed here for 2 nights, first we where put in the wrong room, which the receptionist was lovely and changed, new room did not have a shower curtain, again rec. was nice and fixed this for us. later our key would not work, this happened a few times, once at midnight ( the night porter was lovely though so cant complain about him at all) then we found the biggest cockroach in our room, which we had to trap under a bin!
spoke to the manager the next morning we left early! he was a bit dismissive about all our problems, he did give us half of our stay which was nice, but we still had to sleep in a room with cockroaches! which was no surprise cause under the bed was filthy!!!! one big plus this inn has is it is in walking distance to colonial williamsburg. so if you can get a clean room! then i would stay if you are visiting colonial williamsburg or busch gardens!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank dublingirl101
Reviewed July 4, 2011

My Kids and I made a last minute trip to Williamsburg for July 4th. Needed a hotel for 3 nights. Everything else was booked and then we found this Hotel - similar hotels in the area were going for $140 per night. We paid $71 w/AAA discount. Staff was VERY friendly. There was only 2 elevators and one was broken and this was painful, but we didn't mind that much. The Hotel gave a free July 4th lunch @ the pool - nice touch.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family