“Not bad, but not great”

Ranked #70 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Seaford, Virginia, United States
“Not bad, but not great”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Have stayed here twice. As for previous reviews stating the management were mean, rude, or intolerable I have to say that is absolutely false. Both times they went out of their way to make sure we had a pleasant stay. The rooms were clean, and well kept. Had a decent nights sleep both times, and the location is ideal.

Room Tip: Ask for the larger rooms, they are on the backside of the compound and much nicer than the standard...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The door didn't work 90% of the time I busted my finger trying to get it open. The staff at the front desk was absolutely ridicules. Extremely rude. These people will pass judgment upon you. I wasn't allowed to have a friend visit me for not even five minutes. I was told that if it was only me staying then I had to be dropped off and the person had leave immediately. I had to stay in my room completely alone the entire time i was to stay. I was gonna stay two nights and actually was gonna end up renewing for a week but after he told me "this ain't the type of hotel you normally stay this is a nice hotel it's not a place for hook ups" because they wanted to make the rules as they go I decided to leave they kept one night of my money and the comment he made was completely out of line. I stayed at the holiday inn also the Wingate at whyndem. Also have stayed in lower end places as well like the red roof inn also days inn never have I ever been treated the way I was at this Americas best inn. I will be placing a civil lawsuit against them. I say please don't stay here there are better more friendlier places that are still reasonably priced. I hope everyone has safe travels and the most wonderful day...

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Loveme0686
Toano, Virginia, United States
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Staying there for a week and the place stinks like turd. Management is very rude and they do not like to help the guest. If you stay there for a week they will only clean the room once a week, probably when you leave. They want you the paying guest to empty and throw away the garbage. They will show you where the dumpster is. Also they have fruit flys and flies because if you don't empty the garbage here comes the bugs. The rooms are non smoking but guest smoke anyway. Spend the money and go somewhere better. I'm warning you do not stay here they a crooks.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Damarisse L
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed June 9, 2012

very good hotel to stay.service is very good and near by everything

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thorofare, New Jersey
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

False advertising this place in virginia has no pool. And people are rude about it. Not worth the money.

• Stayed May 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Passed by this place while looking for a coupon bargain at the Americas Best VALUE Inn down the road, got the two places confused, and ended up staying here. The price was ridiculously low ($35 grand total for two persons for one night) and the room had several amenities for this prices, so I can't complain. Just make sure you don't repeat my mistake!

The clerk at the desk must have known that I was looking for the hotel with the similar sounding name, as I showed the coupon I thought I would be using here -- but she said nothing. Interestingly, she gave us a rate far lower than what I was expecting.

The road this motel is located on features a wide variety of chain motels, touristy and fast food restaurants, convenience and discount stores, and shops trying to separate tourists from their money. All in all, a place with none of the charm and ambiance that draws people to Colonial Williamsburg, which is close by. Expect tourist central and you won't be disappointed by the general atmosphere of this immediate area.

Our room featured air conditioning, full bath, TV with 59 channels, fridge, microwave, phone, radio alarm clock, iron and board, and coffee maker. it was clean and well maintained, but lacked one thing I really wanted: internet access. I don't know if the motel had any kind of access, as the staff was nowhere to be found after 8 pm -- nobody at the front desk and no answer of the phone. Since the adjacent fast food restaurant offers free wi-fi, I just went there and bought a small soda -- thus giving me internet access for about $1. Not the best solution, but it worked.

I experienced none of the horrors reported by others, and the price was good for the number of amenities given. But this is truly a cheap place to stay. I recommend checking the room before paying for it, and be prepared to move on if it doesn't meet your needs. But, if it's as good as ours was, then you'll get a good bargain.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Long Island, NY
Reviewed July 20, 2009

I'll make this simple.
Pros: Hot shower w/good pressure, Nice cold A/C
Cons: The Wifi is only available down by the pool. The door lock worked about 50% of the time. The towels in the room are tiny. The pool was only open the first day we were there and it was extremely cloudy. There was a light outside our room that was flickering like a strobe light. My wife needed a bottle opener so she called the front desk. They did not have one but, luckily, the girl at the front desk had one on her key chain. She was about to go home for the night so my wife had to run her beer down to the lobby to get it open. The ice machines (in the pitch black hallway) near our room were all broken so I had to use the barely-working one on the floor below. No refrigerator in the room. Housekeeping did not come until the 2nd night (about 5:30pm) and, at that point, my son was napping. I asked them to come back in about 30 min because we were getting ready to go out for dinner. He nodded "yes" and no one came back until the following night. I don't believe he spoke English.

So to sum up, I would tell everyone I could to avoid this hotel like the plague unless they were reeeeeeeally strapped for cash.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family